Brighton’s biggest losers have shed an incredible 19 stone between them in just eight weeks.
Thirty contestants aged between 20 and 65 took part in the Freedom Leisure weight-loss challenge, with weekly group training sessions, weigh-ins and personalised diet plans.
The winning contestant was 32-year-old mother-of-four Mellissa Breeds, from Portslade, who lost 2st 10lb and has won an annual Freedom Leisure membership, personal training sessions and nutritional packages from Performance Foods.
The challenge was run by three personal trainers who each led a team of contestants through a diet and exercise programme to see which team and which individual could lose the most weight.
Mrs Breeds said: “Losing the weight has completely changed my life for the better and just in time for summer too.
“I’m much happier, I feel so much more confident and I really feel I can keep with this now as the team at Stanley Deason has helped me change my attitude to both food and exercise.” Applications are now open for the next round of Brighton’s Biggest Loser, which will begin in September.
For more information call Stanley Deason Leisure Centre on 01273 694281 or visit www.freedom-leisure.co.uk.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over