Crews called to put out tumble dryer fire at top Eastbourne private school

Crews called to put out tumble dryer fire at top private school

Crews called to put out tumble dryer fire at top private school

First published in News

Firefighters were called to put out a tumble dryer fire at a top school.

A crew from Eastbourne station were called to Bede’s Prep School, in Dukes Drive, shortly before 10pm on Tuesday (April 29).

The fire did not spread and there was no damage other than the washing machine.

There were no injuries.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:56am Wed 30 Apr 14

hoveguyactually says...

What exactly is a "top school"?
What exactly is a "top school"? hoveguyactually
  • Score: -2

8:34am Wed 30 Apr 14

Tailgaters Anonymous says...

So was it a tumble-dryer fire or a washing machine fire?
Answers on a postcard!
So was it a tumble-dryer fire or a washing machine fire? Answers on a postcard! Tailgaters Anonymous
  • Score: -2

9:21am Wed 30 Apr 14

downbythesea says...

Honestly... Is this really news?

what next? Cat stuck up tree, drunk clubber sets kebab on fire after night out, tumble dryer with identity crisis thinks it's a washing machine and needs intervention from fire service to prevent going into a spin cycle?

Come on Argus, can we return to the days when you reported proper news, I wouldn't even use you for cat litter these days!

At least we have the picture of the fire engine to look at, but where's the one with the single headlight on? lol.
Honestly... Is this really news? what next? Cat stuck up tree, drunk clubber sets kebab on fire after night out, tumble dryer with identity crisis thinks it's a washing machine and needs intervention from fire service to prevent going into a spin cycle? Come on Argus, can we return to the days when you reported proper news, I wouldn't even use you for cat litter these days! At least we have the picture of the fire engine to look at, but where's the one with the single headlight on? lol. downbythesea
  • Score: 0

10:44am Wed 30 Apr 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Has this "top school" not had the sense to put their laundry person on the fire brigade's course that informs you that tumble driers are the biggest cause of fires? Toasters are second - always unplug after use.

You should take the fluff out of driers every use - if not you risk the drier setting on fire.
Has this "top school" not had the sense to put their laundry person on the fire brigade's course that informs you that tumble driers are the biggest cause of fires? Toasters are second - always unplug after use. You should take the fluff out of driers every use - if not you risk the drier setting on fire. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree