Glass door crash kills greyhound

Belinda Jones with a picture of the beloved Tiggy

Belinda Jones with a picture of the beloved Tiggy

First published in News

A greyhound died when she charged into a glass conservatory door and it shattered.

The beloved three-year-old greyhound Tiggy died after colliding with the closed door of her family’s Worthing home.

Tiggy had been rehomed by the Jones family in August last year and was described as a “character” and a “bundle of joy and mischief but a real sweet- heart”.

Belinda Jones, 52, was in the garden of their home in Palatine Road with her husband Paul, 54, when they heard a loud noise.

She said: “Me and my husband were out in the garden when we heard this enormous bang. “Tiggy had run straight into the conservatory door in the dining room and gone through it – shattering the glass.

“I put her in the back of my car and tried to get her to the vets but she was gone and I think she died instantly.

“She never raced, she was too naughty, and she had never bolted like this before.

“I have had four greyhounds but Tiggy is the only one I fell in love with at first sight – she was such a pretty girl.”

The traumatised family has started an awareness campaign on Facebook.

Belinda said: “We want to raise awareness so she has not died in vain. Greyhounds some- times do not see what is in front of them, just what is in the dis- tance. “We have heard stories of greyhounds and other pets running into glass doors, trees and garden ornaments.”

She added that the best solution is using a patterned film to cover the lower pane of the glass doors.

Belinda’s son Leigh, 22, and his girlfriend Georgy Trussler, 17, will be doing a run and cycle from the Palace Pier to the Worthing Pier in aid of the Dogs Trust charity on August 24.

To sponsor Leigh and Georgy visit justgiving.com/Leigh-GeorgyRunforTig

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:20pm Fri 16 May 14

jcathomas says...

To Belinda Jones; I am so sorry for your loss. As a greyhound owner myself, I can't even imagine the pain your heart must feel suffering the loss of your beautiful grey. Thank you for spreading the word of safety and awareness of this tragic accident to other owners. I hope this prevents future incidents and saves lives! Keep Tiggy's spirit strong in your heart!
To Belinda Jones; I am so sorry for your loss. As a greyhound owner myself, I can't even imagine the pain your heart must feel suffering the loss of your beautiful grey. Thank you for spreading the word of safety and awareness of this tragic accident to other owners. I hope this prevents future incidents and saves lives! Keep Tiggy's spirit strong in your heart! jcathomas
  • Score: 9

10:12pm Fri 16 May 14

sportmaster says...

Mr chock wrote:
Leigh jones 74 wrote:
THIS MESSAGE IS TO "FATHER TED 11"

SHUT UP YOU LOW LIFE SCUM !
Show some respect you idiot !
Shows how good your life is to write a message like that to get a thrill GROW UP .
No one deserves to have people like you making fun of the tragic accident that has happened in their lives.
KARMA will return on you and I hope you suffer hard !
its tragic i had the same thought to but my comment is removed .. a dog run in to the glass pane and look at the advice in the article
She added that the best solution is using a patterned film to cover the lower pane of the glass doors....
some people should not be allowed to own dogs of have kids .. on August 24 some people are raising money for something .. dog food ?
Are you implying that my boyfriend and his family shouldn't own dogs? You might want to watch what you say mate. They are great dog owners! Maybe you want to open your eyes a bit you stupid piece of dirt.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leigh jones 74[/bold] wrote: THIS MESSAGE IS TO "FATHER TED 11" SHUT UP YOU LOW LIFE SCUM ! Show some respect you idiot ! Shows how good your life is to write a message like that to get a thrill GROW UP . No one deserves to have people like you making fun of the tragic accident that has happened in their lives. KARMA will return on you and I hope you suffer hard ![/p][/quote]its tragic i had the same thought to but my comment is removed .. a dog run in to the glass pane and look at the advice in the article She added that the best solution is using a patterned film to cover the lower pane of the glass doors.... some people should not be allowed to own dogs of have kids .. on August 24 some people are raising money for something .. dog food ?[/p][/quote]Are you implying that my boyfriend and his family shouldn't own dogs? You might want to watch what you say mate. They are great dog owners! Maybe you want to open your eyes a bit you stupid piece of dirt. sportmaster
  • Score: -7

10:13pm Fri 16 May 14

Leigh jones 74 says...

Me chock what are you implying ?
We are raising money for dogs trust via just giving so therefore it goes straight to them so why don't you also shut up and get a life yeah and stop get rude to a family that this actually hurts so much !
Some people like you shouldn't have the right to free speech you are also low life scum thank you !
Me chock what are you implying ? We are raising money for dogs trust via just giving so therefore it goes straight to them so why don't you also shut up and get a life yeah and stop get rude to a family that this actually hurts so much ! Some people like you shouldn't have the right to free speech you are also low life scum thank you ! Leigh jones 74
  • Score: -7

10:27pm Fri 16 May 14

Leigh jones 74 says...

This is a memorial page don't say stuff like that on this article !
Everyone else has kindness it just shows that there is truly only a few idiots in the world most people have been kind ,
Believe what you want but we are good dog owners.
This is a memorial page don't say stuff like that on this article ! Everyone else has kindness it just shows that there is truly only a few idiots in the world most people have been kind , Believe what you want but we are good dog owners. Leigh jones 74
  • Score: -2

10:36pm Fri 16 May 14

sportmaster says...

It sickens me to the stomach how some people can be so insensitive and ignorant to people in their time of need. We're all hurting very much over Tiggy's death, and it's not something we're finding easy. We're all constantly thinking about it. However, Tiggy's death was no one's fault. So don't you dare sit there accusing anyone for it or implying that my boyfriend's family are bad dog owners. They are far from rubbish dog owners. They are the best you could ask for. Tiggy had a brilliant life with them and Mickey is continuing his good life with them. It's so hurtful that Tiggy isn't as well. My mum has worked with greyhounds for over twenty years and she knows bad dog owners or bad people for dogs when she see's them and again, Belinda, Leigh and Paul are by far not bad dog owners. Mickey, there other greyhound, was originally my mums greyhound and she would NEVER of let them adopt him if she thought they weren't good dog owners. Mickey came to my mum from Ireland the most nervous boy you'll ever meet and Belinda, Paul and Leigh helped him to be the confident boy he is now. Alongside Tiggy's help and he's suffering without her too. I could go on forever, but you have no right to know any details about any of our lives, or our dogs for that matter because you're too ignorant to face the true facts instead you're too busy trying to make people who are already down feeling more ****. Get a life you troll, and find something worthwhile to do. You vile piece of vermin, please leave. This is to raise awareness and to remember Tigs, it's not for trolls like you to kick us down more.
It sickens me to the stomach how some people can be so insensitive and ignorant to people in their time of need. We're all hurting very much over Tiggy's death, and it's not something we're finding easy. We're all constantly thinking about it. However, Tiggy's death was no one's fault. So don't you dare sit there accusing anyone for it or implying that my boyfriend's family are bad dog owners. They are far from rubbish dog owners. They are the best you could ask for. Tiggy had a brilliant life with them and Mickey is continuing his good life with them. It's so hurtful that Tiggy isn't as well. My mum has worked with greyhounds for over twenty years and she knows bad dog owners or bad people for dogs when she see's them and again, Belinda, Leigh and Paul are by far not bad dog owners. Mickey, there other greyhound, was originally my mums greyhound and she would NEVER of let them adopt him if she thought they weren't good dog owners. Mickey came to my mum from Ireland the most nervous boy you'll ever meet and Belinda, Paul and Leigh helped him to be the confident boy he is now. Alongside Tiggy's help and he's suffering without her too. I could go on forever, but you have no right to know any details about any of our lives, or our dogs for that matter because you're too ignorant to face the true facts instead you're too busy trying to make people who are already down feeling more ****. Get a life you troll, and find something worthwhile to do. You vile piece of vermin, please leave. This is to raise awareness and to remember Tigs, it's not for trolls like you to kick us down more. sportmaster
  • Score: -1

11:46pm Fri 16 May 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

So sorry for the trumatic loss of Tiggy in such sad circumstances.

May I suggest, instead of putting something like a picture on the bottom half of patio doors, that you replace the glass to toughened glass if you can afford to and if not, that you use the sticky sheets that you can get from DIY shops that you place on both sides of the glass, so if it gets broken, the glass sticks to the sheets and doesn't go into anything.

We got these sheets when we had young children in case they ran into anything that was glass and at their height - low!

Ignore the nasty comments - just visualise all their heads exploding because they're so full of hot air and rubbish which causes methane gas!!
So sorry for the trumatic loss of Tiggy in such sad circumstances. May I suggest, instead of putting something like a picture on the bottom half of patio doors, that you replace the glass to toughened glass if you can afford to and if not, that you use the sticky sheets that you can get from DIY shops that you place on both sides of the glass, so if it gets broken, the glass sticks to the sheets and doesn't go into anything. We got these sheets when we had young children in case they ran into anything that was glass and at their height - low! Ignore the nasty comments - just visualise all their heads exploding because they're so full of hot air and rubbish which causes methane gas!! getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 2

11:58pm Fri 16 May 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

I've found some of the sticky sheets I was talking about on the Mothercare website, which must be good quality as it's protecting children

http://www.mothercar
e.com/Mothercare-Gla
ss-Safety-Film/41194
2,default,pd.html#q=
GLASS%20SAFETY%20FIL
M
I've found some of the sticky sheets I was talking about on the Mothercare website, which must be good quality as it's protecting children http://www.mothercar e.com/Mothercare-Gla ss-Safety-Film/41194 2,default,pd.html#q= GLASS%20SAFETY%20FIL M getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 3

8:44am Sat 17 May 14

Juleyanne says...

As a dog lover my heart goes out to the owners. A tragic accident and how brave and brilliant to find the strength at an incredibly difficult time to warn other dog owners and suggest a solution, good on you.
I also wish to add that dog owners need to be aware of raised decking and patios with no fencing. A close friend's welsh terrier, launched himself off decking and crashed to the ground below causing neuro and nerve damage. He only fell 5ft feet! I urge dog owners to fence any raised areas.
As a dog lover my heart goes out to the owners. A tragic accident and how brave and brilliant to find the strength at an incredibly difficult time to warn other dog owners and suggest a solution, good on you. I also wish to add that dog owners need to be aware of raised decking and patios with no fencing. A close friend's welsh terrier, launched himself off decking and crashed to the ground below causing neuro and nerve damage. He only fell 5ft feet! I urge dog owners to fence any raised areas. Juleyanne
  • Score: 2

10:24am Sat 17 May 14

Leigh jones 74 says...

Thank you people shows there is kind people in worthing
Thank you people shows there is kind people in worthing Leigh jones 74
  • Score: -2

10:35am Sat 17 May 14

sportmaster says...

getThisCoalitionOut wrote:
So sorry for the trumatic loss of Tiggy in such sad circumstances.

May I suggest, instead of putting something like a picture on the bottom half of patio doors, that you replace the glass to toughened glass if you can afford to and if not, that you use the sticky sheets that you can get from DIY shops that you place on both sides of the glass, so if it gets broken, the glass sticks to the sheets and doesn't go into anything.

We got these sheets when we had young children in case they ran into anything that was glass and at their height - low!

Ignore the nasty comments - just visualise all their heads exploding because they're so full of hot air and rubbish which causes methane gas!!
Thank you. The thing is, the glass conservatory doors was actually toughened glass but she still managed to run through it! God knows how. It breaks our heart even more every day even beginning to think about it!

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and kind comments. It means a lot and shows there is people out there with hearts! Thank you again x
[quote][p][bold]getThisCoalitionOut[/bold] wrote: So sorry for the trumatic loss of Tiggy in such sad circumstances. May I suggest, instead of putting something like a picture on the bottom half of patio doors, that you replace the glass to toughened glass if you can afford to and if not, that you use the sticky sheets that you can get from DIY shops that you place on both sides of the glass, so if it gets broken, the glass sticks to the sheets and doesn't go into anything. We got these sheets when we had young children in case they ran into anything that was glass and at their height - low! Ignore the nasty comments - just visualise all their heads exploding because they're so full of hot air and rubbish which causes methane gas!![/p][/quote]Thank you. The thing is, the glass conservatory doors was actually toughened glass but she still managed to run through it! God knows how. It breaks our heart even more every day even beginning to think about it! Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and kind comments. It means a lot and shows there is people out there with hearts! Thank you again x sportmaster
  • Score: 1

7:57pm Sat 17 May 14

KarenT says...

Owners of Tiggy please ignore the many ignorant comments on this thread. I'm afraid that having such a story in the Argus is a double-edged sword. Whilst you clearly hoped to call attention to your horrible mishap to try and inform other dog owners of this horrible potential accident, and raise funds to help greyhounds, there will always be the drongos that come out of the woodwork just looking for someone to be nasty to. They are just imbeciles that look for opportunities and thrive on hurting other people and kicking them when they're already down. Sometimes you just don't know of potential hazards for pets until you experience it or hear about it - various poisoness plants and things they can eat or hazards that exist in the home. How can we know until it happens to us or someone else who has suffered the loss has told us about their horrible experience? There are a lot of nasty mean people out there - ignore them. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know first hand how much you blame yourself when a pet suffers or dies because of something that never even occurred to you. The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further. You are very brave to share your story and try to raise awareness. Ignore all the idjits and don't allow them to hurt you. They're just pondlife with too much time on their hands. All the best to you.
Owners of Tiggy please ignore the many ignorant comments on this thread. I'm afraid that having such a story in the Argus is a double-edged sword. Whilst you clearly hoped to call attention to your horrible mishap to try and inform other dog owners of this horrible potential accident, and raise funds to help greyhounds, there will always be the drongos that come out of the woodwork just looking for someone to be nasty to. They are just imbeciles that look for opportunities and thrive on hurting other people and kicking them when they're already down. Sometimes you just don't know of potential hazards for pets until you experience it or hear about it - various poisoness plants and things they can eat or hazards that exist in the home. How can we know until it happens to us or someone else who has suffered the loss has told us about their horrible experience? There are a lot of nasty mean people out there - ignore them. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know first hand how much you blame yourself when a pet suffers or dies because of something that never even occurred to you. The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further. You are very brave to share your story and try to raise awareness. Ignore all the idjits and don't allow them to hurt you. They're just pondlife with too much time on their hands. All the best to you. KarenT
  • Score: 1

8:20pm Sat 17 May 14

sportmaster says...

Well said edgelow! Thank you.

Yes I couldn't agree more with everything you said Karen T, thank you so much. It is hard and only seems to be getting harder and all of us have been sitting here with all the what ifs. Your words are very kind and speak so much sense, thank you again. It means a lot to me and my boyfriends and his family. Tiggy is missed very much so! 3 weeks on and we're still struggling to come to terms with the loss. However, we won't let Tiggy die in vain, we will ensure dog owners are aware of these potential dangers to prevent any other animals suffering the same traumatic experience as Tiggy and we have. Thank you again!
Well said edgelow! Thank you. Yes I couldn't agree more with everything you said Karen T, thank you so much. It is hard and only seems to be getting harder and all of us have been sitting here with all the what ifs. Your words are very kind and speak so much sense, thank you again. It means a lot to me and my boyfriends and his family. Tiggy is missed very much so! 3 weeks on and we're still struggling to come to terms with the loss. However, we won't let Tiggy die in vain, we will ensure dog owners are aware of these potential dangers to prevent any other animals suffering the same traumatic experience as Tiggy and we have. Thank you again! sportmaster
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Sat 17 May 14

sportmaster says...

Oh there we go, your message explains why you're such a sick human being then!
Oh there we go, your message explains why you're such a sick human being then! sportmaster
  • Score: -3

9:26pm Sat 17 May 14

Leigh jones 74 says...

No one cares about your opinions chock so go elsewhere
No one cares about your opinions chock so go elsewhere Leigh jones 74
  • Score: 2

10:38pm Sat 17 May 14

KarenT says...

Mr chock wrote:
KarenT wrote:
Owners of Tiggy please ignore the many ignorant comments on this thread. I'm afraid that having such a story in the Argus is a double-edged sword. Whilst you clearly hoped to call attention to your horrible mishap to try and inform other dog owners of this horrible potential accident, and raise funds to help greyhounds, there will always be the drongos that come out of the woodwork just looking for someone to be nasty to. They are just imbeciles that look for opportunities and thrive on hurting other people and kicking them when they're already down. Sometimes you just don't know of potential hazards for pets until you experience it or hear about it - various poisoness plants and things they can eat or hazards that exist in the home. How can we know until it happens to us or someone else who has suffered the loss has told us about their horrible experience? There are a lot of nasty mean people out there - ignore them. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know first hand how much you blame yourself when a pet suffers or dies because of something that never even occurred to you. The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further. You are very brave to share your story and try to raise awareness. Ignore all the idjits and don't allow them to hurt you. They're just pondlife with too much time on their hands. All the best to you.
ohh thats so true The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further
do not look at this posting thing anymore you sad people this happened back THREE WEEKS AGO ... i suspect they have contact the argus and made the rasing money site to comfort themselves .Tiggy is now very dead i am going to post one more comment ..
The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further
R I P tiggy lets hope your live was a happy one until you run into the glass door
My God you sound thick. Knuckles hurt much from all that dragging on the pavement?
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KarenT[/bold] wrote: Owners of Tiggy please ignore the many ignorant comments on this thread. I'm afraid that having such a story in the Argus is a double-edged sword. Whilst you clearly hoped to call attention to your horrible mishap to try and inform other dog owners of this horrible potential accident, and raise funds to help greyhounds, there will always be the drongos that come out of the woodwork just looking for someone to be nasty to. They are just imbeciles that look for opportunities and thrive on hurting other people and kicking them when they're already down. Sometimes you just don't know of potential hazards for pets until you experience it or hear about it - various poisoness plants and things they can eat or hazards that exist in the home. How can we know until it happens to us or someone else who has suffered the loss has told us about their horrible experience? There are a lot of nasty mean people out there - ignore them. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know first hand how much you blame yourself when a pet suffers or dies because of something that never even occurred to you. The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further. You are very brave to share your story and try to raise awareness. Ignore all the idjits and don't allow them to hurt you. They're just pondlife with too much time on their hands. All the best to you.[/p][/quote]ohh thats so true The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further do not look at this posting thing anymore you sad people this happened back THREE WEEKS AGO ... i suspect they have contact the argus and made the rasing money site to comfort themselves .Tiggy is now very dead i am going to post one more comment .. The last thing you need is have to listen to others condemning you further R I P tiggy lets hope your live was a happy one until you run into the glass door[/p][/quote]My God you sound thick. Knuckles hurt much from all that dragging on the pavement? KarenT
  • Score: -1

10:48am Sun 18 May 14

plantwoman says...

Obviously a dog hater as well as a complete prat.

This is a sad story and one that could happen to anyone! Sorry for your loss.
Obviously a dog hater as well as a complete prat. This is a sad story and one that could happen to anyone! Sorry for your loss. plantwoman
  • Score: 1

12:02pm Sun 18 May 14

thevoiceoftruth says...

Ignore Mr Chock - from his childish comments and poor command of the English language, I'm guessing he has not yet reached puberty.

RIP Tiggy and I hope you raise lots of money for Dogs Trust.
Ignore Mr Chock - from his childish comments and poor command of the English language, I'm guessing he has not yet reached puberty. RIP Tiggy and I hope you raise lots of money for Dogs Trust. thevoiceoftruth
  • Score: 1

2:19pm Sun 18 May 14

KarenT says...

Mr chock wrote:
sportmaster wrote:
Well said edgelow! Thank you.

Yes I couldn't agree more with everything you said Karen T, thank you so much. It is hard and only seems to be getting harder and all of us have been sitting here with all the what ifs. Your words are very kind and speak so much sense, thank you again. It means a lot to me and my boyfriends and his family. Tiggy is missed very much so! 3 weeks on and we're still struggling to come to terms with the loss. However, we won't let Tiggy die in vain, we will ensure dog owners are aware of these potential dangers to prevent any other animals suffering the same traumatic experience as Tiggy and we have. Thank you again!
the dogs life was just for you ... .. it was killed by running in to a glass door ...
do not forget that..
When you DO reach puberty, please... please.... DON'T reproduce. In fact I think you need neutering as soon as possible.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sportmaster[/bold] wrote: Well said edgelow! Thank you. Yes I couldn't agree more with everything you said Karen T, thank you so much. It is hard and only seems to be getting harder and all of us have been sitting here with all the what ifs. Your words are very kind and speak so much sense, thank you again. It means a lot to me and my boyfriends and his family. Tiggy is missed very much so! 3 weeks on and we're still struggling to come to terms with the loss. However, we won't let Tiggy die in vain, we will ensure dog owners are aware of these potential dangers to prevent any other animals suffering the same traumatic experience as Tiggy and we have. Thank you again![/p][/quote]the dogs life was just for you ... .. it was killed by running in to a glass door ... do not forget that..[/p][/quote]When you DO reach puberty, please... please.... DON'T reproduce. In fact I think you need neutering as soon as possible. KarenT
  • Score: 1

5:31pm Sun 18 May 14

ellenkay says...

Tragic accident, all people homing dogs from Brighton retired greyhound trust are advised re patio doors about tapiing them up and making them aware to the greyhound. Only thought was why collect for the Dogs trust and not your greyhound rehoming centre ?
Tragic accident, all people homing dogs from Brighton retired greyhound trust are advised re patio doors about tapiing them up and making them aware to the greyhound. Only thought was why collect for the Dogs trust and not your greyhound rehoming centre ? ellenkay
  • Score: 2

7:37pm Sun 18 May 14

KarenT says...

ellenkay wrote:
Tragic accident, all people homing dogs from Brighton retired greyhound trust are advised re patio doors about tapiing them up and making them aware to the greyhound. Only thought was why collect for the Dogs trust and not your greyhound rehoming centre ?
The Dog's Trust campaigns heavily to raise awareness of retired greyhounds needing rehoming, plus they also make funds available to various ex-racing greyhound charities, plus they rehome quite a few ex-racing greyhounds themselves. Why not? It's all going towards a good cause.

I have a dog (although not a greyhound), and I also have a glass patio door. It never would have occurred to me to tape the door up to prevent such a mishap, had I not read this story. Just getting this sort of experience out there in the media will inevitably save lives. Many people would've been too afraid to go public with such a story, worried that they would come under criticism (which, sadly, this family have, with some of these horribly unsympathetic posts). I think Tiggy's owners have been very brave in sharing this story.
[quote][p][bold]ellenkay[/bold] wrote: Tragic accident, all people homing dogs from Brighton retired greyhound trust are advised re patio doors about tapiing them up and making them aware to the greyhound. Only thought was why collect for the Dogs trust and not your greyhound rehoming centre ?[/p][/quote]The Dog's Trust campaigns heavily to raise awareness of retired greyhounds needing rehoming, plus they also make funds available to various ex-racing greyhound charities, plus they rehome quite a few ex-racing greyhounds themselves. Why not? It's all going towards a good cause. I have a dog (although not a greyhound), and I also have a glass patio door. It never would have occurred to me to tape the door up to prevent such a mishap, had I not read this story. Just getting this sort of experience out there in the media will inevitably save lives. Many people would've been too afraid to go public with such a story, worried that they would come under criticism (which, sadly, this family have, with some of these horribly unsympathetic posts). I think Tiggy's owners have been very brave in sharing this story. KarenT
  • Score: 0

8:24pm Sun 18 May 14

sportmaster says...

Thank you so much Karen T. Couldn't agree more.

Ellenkay i used to work for the Brighton RGT, so did my mum, brother and sister. But they're not as good as they make out. They have not been sympathetic, supportive or anything whatsoever to us or my boyfriend and his family regarding this tragedy. When my boyfriend and his family first had their home visit, they actually weren't told about the dangers of glass doors by Jenny Bunting. She didn't mention it. Me and mum knew of the dangers, of course, but thought they were already told of the dangers but Jenny hadn't told them. We're not donating our money to Brighton RGT simply because of how horrible they have been to my boyfriend and his family and me and my mum! You wouldn't understand unless you knew the full story. Therefore we chose to do it for Dogs Trust. Also because we're not just raising awareness for just Greyhounds but for all breeds of dogs!
Thank you so much Karen T. Couldn't agree more. Ellenkay i used to work for the Brighton RGT, so did my mum, brother and sister. But they're not as good as they make out. They have not been sympathetic, supportive or anything whatsoever to us or my boyfriend and his family regarding this tragedy. When my boyfriend and his family first had their home visit, they actually weren't told about the dangers of glass doors by Jenny Bunting. She didn't mention it. Me and mum knew of the dangers, of course, but thought they were already told of the dangers but Jenny hadn't told them. We're not donating our money to Brighton RGT simply because of how horrible they have been to my boyfriend and his family and me and my mum! You wouldn't understand unless you knew the full story. Therefore we chose to do it for Dogs Trust. Also because we're not just raising awareness for just Greyhounds but for all breeds of dogs! sportmaster
  • Score: -2

12:45pm Mon 19 May 14

FatherTed11 says...

Still talking about this?
Still talking about this? FatherTed11
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree