A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man jailed for seven years for rape of two girls
- Four fire crews sent to scene of hard landing by glider pilot
- Body discovered at the foot of Beachy Head after missing person alert
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack which left victim thinking he was going to die