A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Suspected human bones found by fisherman next to pond
- UPDATE: Snow and ice weather warning extended to cover county
- Search launched after reports of man entering sea at Brighton
- Snow falls in Sussex: 21 of the best weather pictures from this morning
- University of Brighton graduate's technology firm sold to Facebook for $10m