A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over