A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria