A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Police issue alert after two incidents of stranger danger involving girls on their way to school
- Driver arrested after fatal crash which killed 49-year-old man and closed the A27 for 12 hours
- Two masked men carrying handguns hold up Betfred in armed robbery
- Man, 49, found dead in Brighton property
- Man denies making explosives at his Sussex home