A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man left with life-threatening injuries after being stabbed by men in hoodies
- Calls for changes to the law preventing access to vital crash information
- Mental health boss to retire
- Police to investigate fewer crimes – including some that could be solved
- Snowdog receives "a little scratch" after encounter with van