A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Residents' fury as travellers set up home on Woodingdean burial site
- Hairy caterpillar invasion gives Newhaven residents big itch
- PM ‘close to backing’ Gatwick expansion
- High-climbing university: Sussex rises 24 places in league table
- Unit closed amid ‘serious concerns’