A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries after colliding with a parked taxi.
Emergency services were called to Lansdowne Road near to the junction with Lansdowne Street in Hove at around 7.30pm last night.
The taxi was stopped on the westbound carriageway when a cyclist collided with it.
The cyclist, a 23-year-old man from Havant, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital with serious head injuries.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Op Viola.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Brighton and Hove making the most money in parking outside of London
- Tributes paid to teenage riding star killed in head-on car crash
- Southern Railway owners lose High Court bid to avert strike action
- Couple robbed at knifepoint
- Peter Kyle and Caroline Lucas among the few MPs to vote against Brexit motion