Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Barbecue warning following two fires
Updated 8:40am Saturday 31st May 2014 in News
People are being reminded not to dump disposable barbecues into communal bins.
Fire crews were called out twice on Friday evening to the Sutherland Road and Rochester Street area of Brighton to deal with bin fires.
Both incidents were caused by barbecues that had not been put out properly.
Disposable barbeques should not be placed in a rubbish bin until they have cooled down properly.
This may take several hours.
Once cool, water should be poured over it to make sure it's out.
Comments are closed on this article.