Three men jailed for attacking and robbing a disabled and elderly man in his home

Photo L-R Paterson, Hogsden and Perry.

Photo L-R Paterson, Hogsden and Perry.

First published in News
Last updated

Three men have been jailed for breaking into an elderly disabled man's home attacking and robbing him.

Lee Paterson, 36, a barber from Denmark Villas, Hove, Jack Hogsden, 25, unemployed, of Hartfield Avenue, Brighton, and Joseph Perry, 31, unemployed from Old Mead Road, Wick, Littlehampton, appeared at Maidstone Crown Court for sentencing.

Paterson, who pleaded guilty, was imprisoned for four years, Hogsden, who denied the charge, was sentenced to seven years and Perry, who also pleaded not guilty, was jailed for 10-and-a-half years.

On April 12, 2013 Paterson, Hogsden and Perry broke through the front door of the 64-year-old victim's flat in Ecclesden, Grove Hill, Brighton.

The victim, who requires a mobility scooter to get around the town, was asleep on his bed when they entered his bedroom. He stood up and they pushed him on his bed and threatened him asking for his money. He refused and one of the men punched him around the face causing bruising and swelling.

They searched his flat and stole items. He struggled with one of them when they were preventing him from leaving the bedroom and suffered a swollen and badly bruised finger.

Paterson, Hogsden and Perry were arrested a few weeks later and then charged with robbery.

After the case Detective Constable Aran Boyt said: "These men broke into this vulnerable man's home and subjected him to a terrifying ordeal and assaulted him. This was a callous and nasty crime which has left the victim traumatised and in fear of being alone in his home.

"In the end all these men stole was computers, DVDs and a small amount of cigarettes but the damage and impact they have had on the victim's life is immeasurable. The sentences these men have received are substantial and show we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Sussex."

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:07pm Thu 5 Jun 14

firemanste says...

thats the first time i have ever seen anyone get close to the sentences these 3 bits of scum deserved.congratulat
ions to the judge for that.no doubt they will get some reduction when they appeal.hope the disabled guy is ok
thats the first time i have ever seen anyone get close to the sentences these 3 bits of scum deserved.congratulat ions to the judge for that.no doubt they will get some reduction when they appeal.hope the disabled guy is ok firemanste
  • Score: 33

2:26am Fri 6 Jun 14

donpat84 says...

This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies
This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies donpat84
  • Score: -25

6:18am Fri 6 Jun 14

firemanste says...

donpat84 wrote:
This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies
why on earth would any man take the blame for a crime like this.thats absurd and he pleaded guilty.
[quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies[/p][/quote]why on earth would any man take the blame for a crime like this.thats absurd and he pleaded guilty. firemanste
  • Score: 20

7:11am Fri 6 Jun 14

hoveonian says...

Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person?
Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person? hoveonian
  • Score: 22

8:34am Fri 6 Jun 14

donpat84 says...

firemanste wrote:
donpat84 wrote:
This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies
why on earth would any man take the blame for a crime like this.thats absurd and he pleaded guilty.
You don't know what your talking about and don't have a clue
[quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies[/p][/quote]why on earth would any man take the blame for a crime like this.thats absurd and he pleaded guilty.[/p][/quote]You don't know what your talking about and don't have a clue donpat84
  • Score: -23

8:35am Fri 6 Jun 14

donpat84 says...

hoveonian wrote:
Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person?
Until you were there keep your opinion to yourself
[quote][p][bold]hoveonian[/bold] wrote: Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person?[/p][/quote]Until you were there keep your opinion to yourself donpat84
  • Score: -23

9:28am Fri 6 Jun 14

firemanste says...

to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up firemanste
  • Score: 19

10:32am Fri 6 Jun 14

donpat84 says...

firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
No I am not his girlfriend and yes I am entitled to an opinion, you seen to think you know a lot about it when you don't like being in Lewes and 30 yrs old so until you know the full facts and info stop replying to me as your view means nothing to me
[quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]No I am not his girlfriend and yes I am entitled to an opinion, you seen to think you know a lot about it when you don't like being in Lewes and 30 yrs old so until you know the full facts and info stop replying to me as your view means nothing to me donpat84
  • Score: -12

2:31pm Fri 6 Jun 14

runnergirl says...

What is this, the Jeremy Kyle show?
What is this, the Jeremy Kyle show? runnergirl
  • Score: 36

3:06pm Fri 6 Jun 14

wales1973 says...

firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .
[quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been . wales1973
  • Score: 2

3:27pm Fri 6 Jun 14

theargusissoinformative says...

wales1973 wrote:
firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .
I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?
[quote][p][bold]wales1973[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .[/p][/quote]I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging? theargusissoinformative
  • Score: 16

6:09pm Fri 6 Jun 14

donpat84 says...

theargusissoinformat
ive
wrote:
wales1973 wrote:
firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .
I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?
Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up
[quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wales1973[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .[/p][/quote]I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?[/p][/quote]Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up donpat84
  • Score: -15

9:51pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Withdean-er says...

donpat84 wrote:
This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies
Nice long sentences for 3 specks of dirt, the scum round a loo. Any of them mates of yours?
[quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: This is lies, Lee paterson took the blame as he wasn't a grass. Get facts right before printing lies[/p][/quote]Nice long sentences for 3 specks of dirt, the scum round a loo. Any of them mates of yours? Withdean-er
  • Score: 9

9:56pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Withdean-er says...

donpat84 wrote:
theargusissoinformat

ive
wrote:
wales1973 wrote:
firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .
I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?
Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up
Thankfully the only judging that matters is done by people with intellect and morals, real Judges, whilst vermin head off to prison. The legal system works - break the rules and you waste your life behind bars. It's quite clear unless you are thick.
[quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wales1973[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .[/p][/quote]I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?[/p][/quote]Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up[/p][/quote]Thankfully the only judging that matters is done by people with intellect and morals, real Judges, whilst vermin head off to prison. The legal system works - break the rules and you waste your life behind bars. It's quite clear unless you are thick. Withdean-er
  • Score: 16

7:43am Sat 7 Jun 14

Merc123 says...

Think your clever writing like you no about lees life lol go and get your own life
Think your clever writing like you no about lees life lol go and get your own life Merc123
  • Score: -7

8:12am Sat 7 Jun 14

hoveguyactually says...

"In the end all these men stole was computers, DVDs and a small amount of cigarettes but the damage and impact they have had on the victim's life is immeasurable. The sentences these men have received are substantial and show we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Sussex."

The sentences were nowhere near substantial for such a vicious crime. In no time at all these thugs will be out perpetrating yet more horrible crimes. the sentences are far too lenient. They should be locked away for a much longer period.
"In the end all these men stole was computers, DVDs and a small amount of cigarettes but the damage and impact they have had on the victim's life is immeasurable. The sentences these men have received are substantial and show we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Sussex." The sentences were nowhere near substantial for such a vicious crime. In no time at all these thugs will be out perpetrating yet more horrible crimes. the sentences are far too lenient. They should be locked away for a much longer period. hoveguyactually
  • Score: 9

8:20am Sat 7 Jun 14

Withdean-er says...

Paterson, Hogsden & Perry. Good morning there in prison. Sussex is a safer and more pleasant place without. If you have any intelligence, when you eventually get out much older, you will be wiser next time - pay legitimately for everything you own, and cut out the cowardly violence. If not, you will end up having wasted your entire lives - the Police, Society and Justice System will win.
Paterson, Hogsden & Perry. Good morning there in prison. Sussex is a safer and more pleasant place without. If you have any intelligence, when you eventually get out much older, you will be wiser next time - pay legitimately for everything you own, and cut out the cowardly violence. If not, you will end up having wasted your entire lives - the Police, Society and Justice System will win. Withdean-er
  • Score: 12

9:22am Sat 7 Jun 14

clubpromoter01 says...

whether this 64 year old did what you say then im sure the police will of dealt with him.i dont know lee or his family but some of my staff were celebrating by having a drink in town at him being locked up.that says a lot to me as my staff are law abiding people on the opposite side of the law from this family.hove people can sleep easier knowing their property will not be stolen by him or his cronies
whether this 64 year old did what you say then im sure the police will of dealt with him.i dont know lee or his family but some of my staff were celebrating by having a drink in town at him being locked up.that says a lot to me as my staff are law abiding people on the opposite side of the law from this family.hove people can sleep easier knowing their property will not be stolen by him or his cronies clubpromoter01
  • Score: 7

12:15pm Sat 7 Jun 14

passion8059 says...

This is all getting rather silly with comments on here. The 3 concerned have been found guilty, they're all now serving the punishment handed to them, and they will all deal with any consequences when they arise. Nobody knows why this crime was committed it may have been down to greed, alterior motive or just plain stupidity. I am not proud of what my brother (Perry) has done, it dis-heartens myself and the rest of my family. To hear him portrayed as "scum" is hurtful. But I will say the system wins because the after-care suits itself not the offender to rehabilitate from wrong doing to doing the right thing. Yes, he has been in prison numerous times and yes he keeps going back but there is an unknown reason to why. Is it because the system does not want to help, be there for somebody who wants to correct their mistakes or just keep moving the goal posts so the offender cannot ever go and do the right thing? Or even a plain simple thing like not having to worry about everyday life that everybody else has to deal with? Myself and my younger brother are law abiding citizens ( I have done some form of employment from 13 up to now) and my younger brother has gone to college to gain some pretty decent qualifications. We have had all had the same upbringing so it cannot be blamed on that. People are allowed to say what they think, that's the great thing about freedom of speech but just because a family has one "bad" egg in the basket it is not fair for others to be derogatory to the rest of a family, unless you know the whole truth. Then you can be opinionated to what is being said/reported.
This is all getting rather silly with comments on here. The 3 concerned have been found guilty, they're all now serving the punishment handed to them, and they will all deal with any consequences when they arise. Nobody knows why this crime was committed it may have been down to greed, alterior motive or just plain stupidity. I am not proud of what my brother (Perry) has done, it dis-heartens myself and the rest of my family. To hear him portrayed as "scum" is hurtful. But I will say the system wins because the after-care suits itself not the offender to rehabilitate from wrong doing to doing the right thing. Yes, he has been in prison numerous times and yes he keeps going back but there is an unknown reason to why. Is it because the system does not want to help, be there for somebody who wants to correct their mistakes or just keep moving the goal posts so the offender cannot ever go and do the right thing? Or even a plain simple thing like not having to worry about everyday life that everybody else has to deal with? Myself and my younger brother are law abiding citizens ( I have done some form of employment from 13 up to now) and my younger brother has gone to college to gain some pretty decent qualifications. We have had all had the same upbringing so it cannot be blamed on that. People are allowed to say what they think, that's the great thing about freedom of speech but just because a family has one "bad" egg in the basket it is not fair for others to be derogatory to the rest of a family, unless you know the whole truth. Then you can be opinionated to what is being said/reported. passion8059
  • Score: 7

1:30pm Sat 7 Jun 14

runnergirl says...

passion8059 wrote:
This is all getting rather silly with comments on here. The 3 concerned have been found guilty, they're all now serving the punishment handed to them, and they will all deal with any consequences when they arise. Nobody knows why this crime was committed it may have been down to greed, alterior motive or just plain stupidity. I am not proud of what my brother (Perry) has done, it dis-heartens myself and the rest of my family. To hear him portrayed as "scum" is hurtful. But I will say the system wins because the after-care suits itself not the offender to rehabilitate from wrong doing to doing the right thing. Yes, he has been in prison numerous times and yes he keeps going back but there is an unknown reason to why. Is it because the system does not want to help, be there for somebody who wants to correct their mistakes or just keep moving the goal posts so the offender cannot ever go and do the right thing? Or even a plain simple thing like not having to worry about everyday life that everybody else has to deal with? Myself and my younger brother are law abiding citizens ( I have done some form of employment from 13 up to now) and my younger brother has gone to college to gain some pretty decent qualifications. We have had all had the same upbringing so it cannot be blamed on that. People are allowed to say what they think, that's the great thing about freedom of speech but just because a family has one "bad" egg in the basket it is not fair for others to be derogatory to the rest of a family, unless you know the whole truth. Then you can be opinionated to what is being said/reported.
That is the only intelligent comment I have read on this thread - eloquent and sincere. As for the rest ... Argus editors, I would be wary of libel damages if I were you.
[quote][p][bold]passion8059[/bold] wrote: This is all getting rather silly with comments on here. The 3 concerned have been found guilty, they're all now serving the punishment handed to them, and they will all deal with any consequences when they arise. Nobody knows why this crime was committed it may have been down to greed, alterior motive or just plain stupidity. I am not proud of what my brother (Perry) has done, it dis-heartens myself and the rest of my family. To hear him portrayed as "scum" is hurtful. But I will say the system wins because the after-care suits itself not the offender to rehabilitate from wrong doing to doing the right thing. Yes, he has been in prison numerous times and yes he keeps going back but there is an unknown reason to why. Is it because the system does not want to help, be there for somebody who wants to correct their mistakes or just keep moving the goal posts so the offender cannot ever go and do the right thing? Or even a plain simple thing like not having to worry about everyday life that everybody else has to deal with? Myself and my younger brother are law abiding citizens ( I have done some form of employment from 13 up to now) and my younger brother has gone to college to gain some pretty decent qualifications. We have had all had the same upbringing so it cannot be blamed on that. People are allowed to say what they think, that's the great thing about freedom of speech but just because a family has one "bad" egg in the basket it is not fair for others to be derogatory to the rest of a family, unless you know the whole truth. Then you can be opinionated to what is being said/reported.[/p][/quote]That is the only intelligent comment I have read on this thread - eloquent and sincere. As for the rest ... Argus editors, I would be wary of libel damages if I were you. runnergirl
  • Score: 7

1:35pm Sat 7 Jun 14

jack081 says...

I hope the three of them get what they deserve in prison. Low life's
I hope the three of them get what they deserve in prison. Low life's jack081
  • Score: 8

3:03pm Sat 7 Jun 14

theargusissoinformative says...

donpat84 wrote:
theargusissoinformat

ive
wrote:
wales1973 wrote:
firemanste wrote:
to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up
To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .
I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?
Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up
You say that I should be hung. I'm well hung already.
[quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wales1973[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]firemanste[/bold] wrote: to don pat 84, i cant imagine anyone pleading guilty in a court of law to a crime this disgusting if im innocent..the police arrested the three of them prob from investigation. i presume your his girlfreind . you said to hoveonion who wrote a comment unless you were there keep your opinion to yourself.my guess is hoveonion are like me hard working and honest and would never be in a situation where a disabled person is hurt and robbed in his own home. you when visiting this bit of scum should have a good look at him in the visiting room at lewes prison and think is this the life you really want.your 30 years old and should grow up[/p][/quote]To firemanste , if he pleaded guilty that was also suggest that he's held his hands up to whatever part he took in this incident whatever it maybe , so that would surely say he is remorseful and hasn't pleaded not guilty and wasted thousands on a court case , so be thankful that your hard earned money wasn't wasted on a trial , there are many many prisoners with problems or mental health in their own lives and would probably give the world to be as sensible and as normal as you, not everyone was born as privileged as you were , whether don pat 84 is his girlfriend or a close relative she is right in sticking by him , because if we were all as ignorant as you are calling prisoners scum and turning your back on them how are they ever going to want to change , it would be a pointless task for them with no support at all wouldn't it ? , people make mistakes and people learn from them too it's never to late to change whatever age they are , nobody is perfect, perhaps you should change you job and get one as a prison guard , you could go to bed smiling every night !!! , oh and by the way I'm also very very hard working always have been .[/p][/quote]I agree with you in principle, but in these times of austerity, might it not be cheaper if we just brought back hanging?[/p][/quote]Sounds like you are the one that needs to be hung, or what about the disabled pervert and for your information he is classed as disabled through having arthritis in his hand that Is all, don't judge situations when you don't know the truth and nothing but the truth, it's judgemental people like you that should be hung as you give people bad name without knowing facts. I don't know the reasons why the other two did what they did and simply that's none of my business but when you are slating my family all over this site I will speak up[/p][/quote]You say that I should be hung. I'm well hung already. theargusissoinformative
  • Score: -3

3:29pm Sat 7 Jun 14

NickBrt says...

I wonder who they are playing with in the prison showers today?!
I wonder who they are playing with in the prison showers today?! NickBrt
  • Score: 3

3:56pm Sat 7 Jun 14

NickBrt says...

Good for you pte.
Good for you pte. NickBrt
  • Score: 6

4:33pm Sat 7 Jun 14

NickBrt says...

PS did these 'family members' ever go too skool and lern two spel ?
PS did these 'family members' ever go too skool and lern two spel ? NickBrt
  • Score: 8

5:59pm Sat 7 Jun 14

firemanste says...

yes they did go to school and all their tattoos on their body are spelt correctly
yes they did go to school and all their tattoos on their body are spelt correctly firemanste
  • Score: 3

6:19pm Sat 7 Jun 14

NickBrt says...

Tattoos would have been dine by tattoo artist not those morons themselves!
Tattoos would have been dine by tattoo artist not those morons themselves! NickBrt
  • Score: -1

7:51pm Sat 7 Jun 14

firemanste says...

to you i apologise for my comment. in 1999 i had a business renting storage containers around the south west.i employed 40 people.when taking the storage money from one of my yards to the bank i was robbed by 3 guys. i refused to give my hard earned cash and was hit with hammers and thrown over a wall.im in a wheelchair and havent walked since.my robbers never got caught. i was in a coma for 18 months and thats why im a very bitter guy against anyone who just thinks they can take with violence something they have not earned
to you i apologise for my comment. in 1999 i had a business renting storage containers around the south west.i employed 40 people.when taking the storage money from one of my yards to the bank i was robbed by 3 guys. i refused to give my hard earned cash and was hit with hammers and thrown over a wall.im in a wheelchair and havent walked since.my robbers never got caught. i was in a coma for 18 months and thats why im a very bitter guy against anyone who just thinks they can take with violence something they have not earned firemanste
  • Score: 9

8:35am Sun 8 Jun 14

reader..2012 says...

Not of of these 'boys' showed any disregard for anyone else this night including their family's. If it wasn't just an attack why did they steal from him? My opinion is that they were all out for one thing-- money! Tramps
Not of of these 'boys' showed any disregard for anyone else this night including their family's. If it wasn't just an attack why did they steal from him? My opinion is that they were all out for one thing-- money! Tramps reader..2012
  • Score: 7

9:36am Sun 8 Jun 14

Saxman51 says...

NickBrt skool is spelt school, lern is spelt learn and spel is spelt spell. Who the illiterate one now.
NickBrt skool is spelt school, lern is spelt learn and spel is spelt spell. Who the illiterate one now. Saxman51
  • Score: 0

9:49am Sun 8 Jun 14

Ihopenoonehasthisusername says...

donpat84 wrote:
hoveonian wrote:
Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person?
Until you were there keep your opinion to yourself
Why would anyone apart from a low life scum have anything to do with robbing a disabled person?
[quote][p][bold]donpat84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoveonian[/bold] wrote: Think the lowlifes already ruined his life donpat . How can you defend robbing a disabled person?[/p][/quote]Until you were there keep your opinion to yourself[/p][/quote]Why would anyone apart from a low life scum have anything to do with robbing a disabled person? Ihopenoonehasthisusername
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree