Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
New Sussex Police chief constable announced
Updated 2:24pm Friday 6th June 2014 in News
Giles York has been chosen as the preferred candidate to be Sussex Chief Constable.
The announcement follows a rigorous recruitment process, which began in April, following the retirement of former Chief Constable, Martin Richards.
Giles York has been temporary Chief Constable for Sussex Police since March 2014. He was previously Deputy Chief Constable for six years, with responsibility for the force's performance, engagement, reputation, change and risk management.
Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne said: "Mr York has exceptional experience of policing, having held a number of positions in senior leadership.
"Throughout the recruitment process he showed a passion for Sussex, its people and police force.
"He also demonstrated a strong commitment to developing partnership working across the county as well as engaging with residents to meet their policing needs and keep Sussex safe."
The Police and Crime Panel will be formally notified of the proposed appointment in due course. This will be subject to a confirmation hearing at their meeting on June 27.
Giles York said: "I am delighted to have been recommended as the next Chief Constable of Sussex Police.
"Subject to confirmation by the Police and Crime Panel, I look forward to working with the Police & Crime Commissioner and everyone in the Force to deliver the priorities in the Police & Crime Plan and ensure that the people of Sussex have access to the best possible policing services when they need them."
Comments are closed on this article.