Ten children were taken to hospital after the coach they were travelling in was involved in a high-speed collision.
Emergency services were called to the crash site on the A264 between Crawley and Horsham at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon after a black saloon car flipped over the central reservation and collided with two school minibuses.
Sussex Police spokesman said that the driver of the car and ten children were taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed for four and a half hours to allow officers to carry out investigations at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting reference number 1150 or 7/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Brighton and Hove will stand in 'solidarity and grief' with Manchester
- Exam cancelled as security breach at sixth form college is probed
- Man arrested over the rape of two young women in woodland
- Firefighters evacuate man from first floor window after paramedics struggled to lift him down the stairs
- Decade of delays on £1bn schemes in Brighton and Hove