The forces' sweetheart has entered the top 20 at the age of 97 beating some of the world’s hottest acts in the process.
Dame Vera Lynn’s new best of collection, National Treasure - The Ultimate Collection, has reached number 13 today following its release to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
The wartime singer, who lives in Ditchling, beat the likes of Pharrell, the Arctic Monkeys and rapper 50 Cent and extended her lead as the oldest living artist to figure so high up in the album chart.
The veteran singer's last major chart feat was five years ago when, at the age of 92, she achieved a number one with an earlier best-of release.
Dame Vera, who made her professional debut at the age of seven, said: ''I am delighted of course.
"It is wonderful to hear these songs again that were at the top of the charts so long ago, and it's warming to think that everyone else is listening to them too.''
- Man in custody after bar explosion
- Plea to place more restrictions on multiple occupant homes in Brighton
- Critics says radical Brighton road scheme is not good enough
- Apprentice candidates storm Brighton
- NHS does not know if ambulances are legal plus all the latest news, travel and weather for Sussex