The ArgusWarning over antifreeze (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Lancing cat dies after eating antifreeze

The Argus: Warning over antifreeze Warning over antifreeze

A CAT has been put down after eating antifreeze.

Heather Piantino is warning other owners to be vigilant after family pet Tabby, 4, had to be put down on Thursday.

Mrs Piantino, from Penstone Park in Lancing, said up to 12 more cats and dogs could have been poisoned and is concerned someone might be deliberately targeting animals.

She took Tabby to Northdale Vets in Crabtree Lane and the pet hospital in Victoria Road, Worthing, but veterinary staff were unable to save her.

Mrs Piantino said: “The vets told me cats and dogs absolutely love antifreeze because it is so sweet.

“I thought at first it might be an accident but maybe somebody is putting out antifreeze deliberately.

“I am not sure why but there are some sick people out there and I have read about it happening elsewhere in the country.”

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree