A man is starting a prison sentence after admitting a series of sexual assaults on four young people.
Derek Northrop 70, of Selden Rd, Worthing, was jailed for five years when he appeared at Hove Crown Court last Friday.
Northrop had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to eight offences; two of indecent assault on a girl then aged five in 2003, two of indecent assault on another girl of similar age over the same period, two of gross indecency with a boy aged between 10 and 12 between 1977 and 1979 and another two of gross indecency with a boy of similar age in 1982.
Detective Constable Carolyn Moore of the West Sussex Child Protection Team said: "Northrop subjected his victims to sexual assaults without any consideration for their vulnerability or their well being, having been in a position of trust.
"Only when we received information from a third party in 2012 was it possible to bring Northrop to justice and it is to the credit to the courage of all the victims that they were prepared to give evidence against him, although in the end that was not necessary.
"This case is another example of the way in which we will always take seriously and follow up all such allegations, no matter how long ago they may have occurred."
- Foyle's War star Honeysuckle Weeks reported missing
- Man jailed for attempting to smuggle 17 Albanians into Sussex by boat
- Two injured after fight outside Brighton nightclubs
- Girl, 13, touched inappropriately by man as she walked with friend
- Vivean Gray, aka Neighbours Mrs Mangel, who lived in Shoreham passes away, aged 92