A teenager was able walk away from a horror crash after her car plunged into a dyke.
A blue Ford Fiesta driven by a 19-year-old girl crashed off Wartling Road near Pevensey just after midday today and crashed into a dyke.
The driver was able to get out of the car and was unhurt but badly shaken.
The incident has caused long tailbacks of traffic in the area where the road links the A259 at Pevensey with the A271 at Boreham Street.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Brighton defiant after Brexit vote
- Overgrown cemetery "breaks my heart," says widow, 73
- Hollywood tough guy Ray Winstone shows his softer side getting veterans into art
- South Downs bosses reassure conservationists over 'Disneyfication' from corporate partners
- Dads dance with babies to raise money for brain damaged father