A teenager was able walk away from a horror crash after her car plunged into a dyke.
A blue Ford Fiesta driven by a 19-year-old girl crashed off Wartling Road near Pevensey just after midday today and crashed into a dyke.
The driver was able to get out of the car and was unhurt but badly shaken.
The incident has caused long tailbacks of traffic in the area where the road links the A259 at Pevensey with the A271 at Boreham Street.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Flash-floods wreak havoc in and around Brighton
- Safety warning after gas cylinder catches fire at family barbecue
- Eighteen Albanians and two Brits rescued from sinking dinghy off south coast
- AT LAST! How to stop nuisance PPI calls with one text message
- Last chance to see exhibition of work by master forger