Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Police search for "military swagger" burglar
1:08pm Monday 23rd June 2014 in News
Sussex Police want to speak to a man matching this efit after a burglar stole costume jewellery from a home.
A burglar forced open a window of a house in Tapsells Lane in Wadhurst with a spade while the occupants were out on the morning of Sunday June 8 and made off with cash and costume jewellery.
A neighbour walking his dog at about 11.30am that morning saw a man coming out of a nearby driveway and later spotted the same man peering into his own house.
A second burglary occurred during the same period in nearby Tidebrook, Wadhurst, in which jewellery was stolen.
The suspect is described as white, about 6'1", in his late twenties or early thirties and walking with a “military-type swagger”.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Policeon 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 0811 of 8/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
- Council will act over 1,000 name petition on ‘atrocious toilets’
- Cemetery to be ‘closed down’ after maintenance of the site is criticised
- Owner blames dog’s injury on uncut grass
- Health union to ballot NHS staff on strike