Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Ambulance drivers still waiting for August pay
- Daughter's disbelief as father's murderer escapes authorities for FOURTH time
- How a Snowdog pays tribute to seagulls
- Rob Starr admits to frustrations over delays in King Alfred
- Relatives blame social workers over death of 17-year-old "cheeky cheerful chappie"