Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again
- Pensioners petition for bus access