Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Kitten killer walks free from court
- Students’ learning 'at risk' at a City College Brighton and Hove
- Govia Thameslink praised for passenger experience and scoop two other awards for good work as prime minister brands Southern service "unacceptable"
- No free parking for Airbourne this year
- Thousands enjoy sea-shore entertainment via Brighton's Big Screen