Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Roadside tributes to Paradise Park worker
- Fresh family appeal to help solve Sussex Police's biggest murder investigation for 15 years
- Police shut down rave in industrial unit
- Investigation launched into historic seafront baths fire
- Firefighters help woman to break into own home to take her medication