Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man found dead at Brighton homeless hostel
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham
- Veteran DJ Bill bows out due to ill health