Joyriders took a 7.5 tonne flatbed lorry for a spin after stealing it from a workers’ yard.
The Mercedes lorry was stolen overnight between Friday and Saturday from the Timber Requirements Yard in Steyne Road in Seaford after one of the gates to the yard was taken off of its hinges.
The red fully signwritten lorry, which was empty at the time of the theft, was later found abandoned in Cowley Drive, Woodingdean.
Anybody with any information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 367 of 21/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- GPs raise fears on homeless deaths
- Insurers set to expand Hove staff by 500 in next four years
- 'Jealous' man guilty of murdering his ex-partner by stabbing her 23 times
- Drug dealer with shotgun jailed after he was reported injecting heroin in the street