A sexual offender has been jailed for 20 years after raping children as young as six.
Adam Warren was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on Monday for a total of 20 years for a series of sexual offences against two girls who were seven and six at the time the offending began.
One girl was the victim of a rape, four sexual assaults, an attempted sexual assault and an offence of incitement to engage in sexual activity over a four year period while the other girl was subjected to five rapes and one sexual assault over three years.
The 35-year-old, of Warnham Road in Crawley, was convicted on May 19 after a re-trial.
Detective Constable Nathalie Bundy of the West Sussex Child Protection Team said; "This outcome is due to the immeasurable courage shown by the victims in coming forward to the police and giving evidence at two trials, as a jury was unable to agree on verdicts at the first trial last year.
"This sends another message that we will always take such reports seriously and will seek to achieve justice for victims, however long ago the offences are said to have happened."
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Albion fan named Football League supporter of the year three months after her death
- Pair of hedgehogs stolen from animal charity's enclosure
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer