The ArgusDriver left with head injuries following six vehicle crash on the A27 (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Driver left with head injuries following six vehicle crash on the A27 at Lancing

The Argus: Police at the scene of the accident on the A27 at Lancing. Picture: Sam Stephenson Police at the scene of the accident on the A27 at Lancing. Picture: Sam Stephenson

A driver was left with a head injury after a six vehicle crash on the A27.

There were long delays this morning near the Manor roundabout, Lancing, following the crash.

Emergency services were called at 8.24am to the six vehicle crash.

One lane was closed, leading to huge tailbacks eastbound.

Argus reporter Ben Leo, who was stuck in the traffic, reported moving just a matter of metres in half an hour.

There were also delays westbound.

The accident has been cleared and traffic is moving.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:43am Wed 16 Jul 14

chrismilo says...

Argus Reader stuck in traffic jam let him stay there less cr@p stories for a while.
Argus Reader stuck in traffic jam let him stay there less cr@p stories for a while. chrismilo
  • Score: -7

9:44am Wed 16 Jul 14

chrismilo says...

Argus Reporter sorry
Argus Reporter sorry chrismilo
  • Score: -2

9:52am Wed 16 Jul 14

spa301 says...

It's now 40 minutes since the report above (9.11 am) and it says more to come plus you even have a 'reporter' caught up in it. What is the update as those of us who may need to re plan a journey would be keen to know??
The updates on the other link say no more than they did originally.
It's now 40 minutes since the report above (9.11 am) and it says more to come plus you even have a 'reporter' caught up in it. What is the update as those of us who may need to re plan a journey would be keen to know?? The updates on the other link say no more than they did originally. spa301
  • Score: 9

10:56am Wed 16 Jul 14

Al Bion says...

You shouldn't have hit the traffic, Ben. Another collision will only make matters worse.
You shouldn't have hit the traffic, Ben. Another collision will only make matters worse. Al Bion
  • Score: 1

10:56am Wed 16 Jul 14

comanche762 says...

chrismilo wrote:
Argus Reader stuck in traffic jam let him stay there less cr@p stories for a while.
not very nice if there is someone seriously hurt or killed in the crash its a very vital story as i have a family member travelling that way every morning , lets hope none of your friends or family are involved
[quote][p][bold]chrismilo[/bold] wrote: Argus Reader stuck in traffic jam let him stay there less cr@p stories for a while.[/p][/quote]not very nice if there is someone seriously hurt or killed in the crash its a very vital story as i have a family member travelling that way every morning , lets hope none of your friends or family are involved comanche762
  • Score: 6

11:05am Wed 16 Jul 14

theargusissoinformative says...

And as I keep saying, proactive enforcement of driving standards should be an issue for as long as a motorist has a driving licence; the Police shouldn't just be turning up to pick up the pieces and apportion fault as they do. Am I asking too much from them? Joe public does way too much speeding and tailgating, and the roads are set to get busier and busier in the decades to come. The Argus seems to have similar stories three times a week at least.
And as I keep saying, proactive enforcement of driving standards should be an issue for as long as a motorist has a driving licence; the Police shouldn't just be turning up to pick up the pieces and apportion fault as they do. Am I asking too much from them? Joe public does way too much speeding and tailgating, and the roads are set to get busier and busier in the decades to come. The Argus seems to have similar stories three times a week at least. theargusissoinformative
  • Score: -5

11:42am Wed 16 Jul 14

Withdean-er says...

Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much.

It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.
Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much. It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones. Withdean-er
  • Score: 15

11:47am Wed 16 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Withdean-er wrote:
Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much.

It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.
Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.
[quote][p][bold]Withdean-er[/bold] wrote: Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much. It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.[/p][/quote]Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more. stevo!!
  • Score: -24

11:59am Wed 16 Jul 14

theargusissoinformative says...

stevo!! wrote:
Withdean-er wrote:
Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much.

It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.
Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.
I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon.
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Withdean-er[/bold] wrote: Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much. It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.[/p][/quote]Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.[/p][/quote]I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon. theargusissoinformative
  • Score: 13

12:00pm Wed 16 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

theargusissoinformat
ive
wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Withdean-er wrote:
Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much.

It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.
Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.
I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon.
I was being sarcastic, but your reply was accurate.
[quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Withdean-er[/bold] wrote: Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much. It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.[/p][/quote]Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.[/p][/quote]I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon.[/p][/quote]I was being sarcastic, but your reply was accurate. stevo!!
  • Score: -13

1:15pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Withdean-er says...

theargusissoinformat
ive
wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Withdean-er wrote:
Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much.

It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.
Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.
I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon.
Or driving incredibly slowly compared to the cars in front of them, and leaving a larger than normal gap, but followed by sudden breaking.

Important not to miss that latest post on their Facebook or Instagram accounts.
[quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Withdean-er[/bold] wrote: Waiting for the armchair civil engineers (in their own lunchtime) to chip in with how it's all the fault of the road's design, in the same way Southwick Tunnel's design bizarrely gets the blame for so much. It couldn't possibly ever be down to the high speeds driven, lack of attention or fiddling with beloved iphones.[/p][/quote]Thankfully, using electronic devices of that nature is illegal, so no-one does it any more.[/p][/quote]I still see it occasionally. It's usually texting, where it is obvious that they're holding the phone in the right hand by the door handle. But the giveaway is when they're alternating between looking straight ahead to check on the traffic, and looking down to the right to do the texting. Keep a look out for it. It's not uncommon.[/p][/quote]Or driving incredibly slowly compared to the cars in front of them, and leaving a larger than normal gap, but followed by sudden breaking. Important not to miss that latest post on their Facebook or Instagram accounts. Withdean-er
  • Score: 6

1:37pm Wed 16 Jul 14

FatherTed11 says...

Woman driver?
Woman driver? FatherTed11
  • Score: -6

2:12pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Withdean-er says...

FatherTed11 wrote:
Woman driver?
.... using Facebook and/or Instagram on her iPhone, whilst driving.

Yes, that all stacks up.
[quote][p][bold]FatherTed11[/bold] wrote: Woman driver?[/p][/quote].... using Facebook and/or Instagram on her iPhone, whilst driving. Yes, that all stacks up. Withdean-er
  • Score: -1

10:43pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Nobleox says...

theargusissoinformat
ive
wrote:
And as I keep saying, proactive enforcement of driving standards should be an issue for as long as a motorist has a driving licence; the Police shouldn't just be turning up to pick up the pieces and apportion fault as they do. Am I asking too much from them? Joe public does way too much speeding and tailgating, and the roads are set to get busier and busier in the decades to come. The Argus seems to have similar stories three times a week at least.
Absolutely right but judging from the thumbs down the brain dead and petrol heads don't think so.
[quote][p][bold]theargusissoinformat ive[/bold] wrote: And as I keep saying, proactive enforcement of driving standards should be an issue for as long as a motorist has a driving licence; the Police shouldn't just be turning up to pick up the pieces and apportion fault as they do. Am I asking too much from them? Joe public does way too much speeding and tailgating, and the roads are set to get busier and busier in the decades to come. The Argus seems to have similar stories three times a week at least.[/p][/quote]Absolutely right but judging from the thumbs down the brain dead and petrol heads don't think so. Nobleox
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree