A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Good weather, roadworks and a Friday afternoon in half term brings Brighton to a standstill
- Chef stands up for cannabis users in court
- Newhaven to Dieppe cross channel ferry route to continue in 2015 as new operator signs up
- Poker ace is flush as his winnings top £1m mark
- Readers' donations pour in for Ashanti