A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- TV presenter Dan Hill lauded as Britain’s most indulgent parent but mother of his two other children claims he owes her thousands
- Residents noise complaints about Brighton's Open Market force stallholders to shelve 7am opening time
- Brighton and Hove City Council accused of laying down a "welcome mat" for travellers
- The changing room thief caught after victim turns detective to track him down using iPhone app
- Brighton 'at crisis point': City’s heritage and architecture victim of wanton neglect