A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Brewery’s plan to open 20 pubs in just five years
- Budget boozer in plans for rooftop bar and a hotel
- We love us! Things that make Brighton great
- Tory slammed for ‘misleading’ leaflet mistake
- Police job cuts 'will damage community'