Man, 23, glassed in the head at The Greenhouse Effect in Church Road, Hove

Sussex Police has released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved

Sussex Police has released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved

First published in News
Last updated
by

A PUB-goer has told of the horrifying moment he was glassed in the head after confronting another drinker who he suspected could be thieving from his friend.

The 23-year-old needed eight stitches to his head after severing an artery in the attack at The Greenhouse Effect in Church Road, Hove.

He was grabbed and pushed to the floor during a night out of dancing and karaoke to celebrate a friend’s 21st birthday.

The victim, who did not wish to be named, said: “We were on the dance floor when we noticed a lady going into my friend's pocket, she did this a couple of times.

“She was with two men, so I spoke to one of them about what I had seen and asked him to have a word with their friend.

“At this point he grabbed me and pushed me to the floor and I was struck over the head with something. I was later told this was a glass.

"The glass hit an artery in my head and I was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital to be treated. Where I was hit I also got a bloody nose and swelling to my cheek.”

The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.

The victim, from Portslade, added: “I have been back to the pub, where the staff have been so helpful.

“I really want to find out who did this and if anyone recognises these people in the CCTV, please talk to the police.

“It was a horrible experience that I wouldn't want anyone else to go through.”

Detective constable Jemma Paterson said: “We are hoping someone can name these two people seen on CCTV who are believed to have been involved.”

She added the suspect was a man, described as looking Spanish, slim build, in his 20s, with short black hair and wearing all black.

He was with a woman in her 40s, with long, messy hair.

Anyone who recognises them or has any information is asked to callt police on 101 quoting serial 1574 of March 1.

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:39am Sat 30 Aug 14

NathanAdler says...

What is the point of CCTV if this is the best picture they can muster? I can take better photos on my 1972 Kodak Instamatic.

But moans aside, I hope the fuzz catch the scum.
What is the point of CCTV if this is the best picture they can muster? I can take better photos on my 1972 Kodak Instamatic. But moans aside, I hope the fuzz catch the scum. NathanAdler
  • Score: 28

8:11am Sat 30 Aug 14

hoveguyactually says...

A fuzzy picture!
A fuzzy picture! hoveguyactually
  • Score: 10

8:22am Sat 30 Aug 14

Valentinian says...

The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....
ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL.... Valentinian
  • Score: 16

9:58am Sat 30 Aug 14

tykemison says...

Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....

ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
[quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round. tykemison
  • Score: 9

9:59am Sat 30 Aug 14

tykemison says...

Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....

ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
[quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round. tykemison
  • Score: 5

12:35pm Sat 30 Aug 14

LargeAndInCharge says...

tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....


ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
And speed cameras will show the colour of your eyes!!! Great to know where the police's priorities lie....
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]And speed cameras will show the colour of your eyes!!! Great to know where the police's priorities lie.... LargeAndInCharge
  • Score: 5

12:56pm Sat 30 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Again we are given proof of the cheap CCTV systems these places use in order to give their customers a false sense of security.

I'm actually surprised that they even bother to turn them on.

Let's hope someone recognises them.
Again we are given proof of the cheap CCTV systems these places use in order to give their customers a false sense of security. I'm actually surprised that they even bother to turn them on. Let's hope someone recognises them. ok,jared
  • Score: 7

5:35pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Watchdog50 says...

tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....


ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-) Watchdog50
  • Score: 2

8:02pm Sat 30 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....



ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
[quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later. ok,jared
  • Score: -2

10:39pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Watchdog50 says...

ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....




ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
[quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way. Watchdog50
  • Score: -2

10:46pm Sat 30 Aug 14

tykemison says...

Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....





ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
Modern Police are an absolute disgrace compared to their predecessors,they are dimwits who in general harass drivers and the homeless, they are a disgrace to the uniform and i for one am terrified when the muslamists kick off as our boys in blue are useless.
[quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.[/p][/quote]Modern Police are an absolute disgrace compared to their predecessors,they are dimwits who in general harass drivers and the homeless, they are a disgrace to the uniform and i for one am terrified when the muslamists kick off as our boys in blue are useless. tykemison
  • Score: -2

2:42am Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....





ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
What was your point?

No, I don't despise the police.

I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing.

You're welcome.
[quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.[/p][/quote]What was your point? No, I don't despise the police. I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing. You're welcome. ok,jared
  • Score: -3

7:46am Sun 31 Aug 14

Valentinian says...

ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....






ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
What was your point?

No, I don't despise the police.

I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing.

You're welcome.
I am with Jared on this. We have one of the worst a Police Forces in England..(see HMIC Report) the lowest rating that can be given is POOR... In the five categories.....Susse
x got three poor and two Satisfactory...I am pleased that Sussex Police managed to get another 'POOR' rating to go with those from HMIC in Solving Serious Crime, Reducing Serious Crimes etc it shows consistency. Still as the Chief Constable sated, "It is about more than numbers'....oh.....S
ussex Police has been placed 'on watch ' by the data watchdog over its poor record responding to freedom of information requests.
An arrest rare of 23 percent on serious crime and a conviction rate of 26 percent of those....that equates to 5 percent...5 out of a hundred! Lol...

We have the Police Force we deserve!
[quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.[/p][/quote]What was your point? No, I don't despise the police. I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing. You're welcome.[/p][/quote]I am with Jared on this. We have one of the worst a Police Forces in England..(see HMIC Report) the lowest rating that can be given is POOR... In the five categories.....Susse x got three poor and two Satisfactory...I am pleased that Sussex Police managed to get another 'POOR' rating to go with those from HMIC in Solving Serious Crime, Reducing Serious Crimes etc it shows consistency. Still as the Chief Constable sated, "It is about more than numbers'....oh.....S ussex Police has been placed 'on watch ' by the data watchdog over its poor record responding to freedom of information requests. An arrest rare of 23 percent on serious crime and a conviction rate of 26 percent of those....that equates to 5 percent...5 out of a hundred! Lol... We have the Police Force we deserve! Valentinian
  • Score: 3

9:01am Sun 31 Aug 14

Watchdog50 says...

ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....






ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
What was your point?

No, I don't despise the police.

I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing.

You're welcome.
Okay, I see that I've touched a nerve. Sorry about that. Have a nice day.
[quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.[/p][/quote]What was your point? No, I don't despise the police. I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing. You're welcome.[/p][/quote]Okay, I see that I've touched a nerve. Sorry about that. Have a nice day. Watchdog50
  • Score: 0

10:20am Sun 31 Aug 14

Watchdog50 says...

Valentinian wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
Watchdog50 wrote:
tykemison wrote:
Valentinian wrote:
The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker.

On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch.


6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON....







ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....
Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.
Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life.

Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases.

By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)
Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence.

The two don't even bear comparison.

These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.
1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make.

2. You obviously despise the police.

I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.
What was your point?

No, I don't despise the police.

I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing.

You're welcome.
I am with Jared on this. We have one of the worst a Police Forces in England..(see HMIC Report) the lowest rating that can be given is POOR... In the five categories.....Susse

x got three poor and two Satisfactory...I am pleased that Sussex Police managed to get another 'POOR' rating to go with those from HMIC in Solving Serious Crime, Reducing Serious Crimes etc it shows consistency. Still as the Chief Constable sated, "It is about more than numbers'....oh.....S

ussex Police has been placed 'on watch ' by the data watchdog over its poor record responding to freedom of information requests.
An arrest rare of 23 percent on serious crime and a conviction rate of 26 percent of those....that equates to 5 percent...5 out of a hundred! Lol...

We have the Police Force we deserve!
(Friendly face) If I can address both you and tykemison (and jared, if he's calmed down): Statistics aren't always a true reflection on what's actually going on. I think it was Einstein who said "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted, counts. Let's take an example; a shoplifter steals a mars bar = 1 crime. A police officer catches him just along the street = 1 arrest. Now let's look at a murder = 1 crime. Following months of investigation, endless statements and the involvement of hundreds of police officers, an arrest is made. So there you are, 2 crimes and 2 arrests. However I'm sure that you appreciate that the second has been considerably more labour and resource intensive than the first. While this will be obvious to anyone with a shred of intelligence, there aren't any actual statistics to demonstrate the disparity. Oh, and please don't think that I equate shoplifting to murder. I only used the two as they are at opposing ends of a very long scale.

With regards to the popular complaint that the police target motorists. Please don't judge the service on what you see on Road Wars, Caught on Camera or Motorway Cops etc. Anyway, I usually hear such complaints from those who've been on the receiving end of a ticket. I find it ironic how some people lambast the police for not enforcing the law then in the next breath lambast them for...well, enforcing the law. I understand why people may think the police target motorists. We live relatively isolated lives. We're either at home, at work or in our cars going between the two (or is that just me:?) Chances are, the only time we'll actually see the police is when they're at the roadside giving someone a ticket so that does tend to reinforce the stereotype. However, your actual front-line bobbies don't have time for any of that sort of thing. I've been in police stations on Saturday nights (and Sunday nights for that matter) when every cell is full and none of the detanees are in there for speeding.

I apologise but I do feel quite passionate about this as I am in a position where I can see behind the police curtain and I assure you that I don't see useless, lazy, incompetent officers. While it would be ludicrous to suggest that such officers don't exist, it's equally ludicrous to suggest that our police stations are full of them.

On a final note, I have to concede that police officers make mistakes. Frequent mistakes. However so do I and so do all of my colleagues. However we deal with the law which, other than medicine, is probably the most extensive and complicated field to enter. Just trying to get your head around one piece of legislation is bad enough but there are thousands. I sometimes struggle to find legislation when I'm in a comfortable office with a legal database at my fingertips and a research library just down the hall. I certainly wouldn't expect a police officer to know it all off the top of his head. As if the law wasn't confusing enough, you have the bureaucracy and endless dogma surrounding the law. I regularly go in to court with cases which have box files of paperwork but only about 30 or so pages are of any evidential value. As such, trying to separate the wheat from the chaff is difficult and mistakes happen. Just like they happen in every occupation, however not every occupation has a media waiting to seize, embelish, exaggerate and publicise those mistakes. As such, it's no wonder that some people think of the police the way they do.
[quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Valentinian[/bold] wrote: The attack happened on Saturday, March 1 but the victim is now appealing for the public’s help after detectives so far failed to find the attacker. On Friday detectives released CCTV images of two people believed to have been involved, in hopes somebody might recognise them and get in touch. 6MONTHS ON...SUSSEX PLOD FINALLY ADMIT DEFEAT...AGAIN...AND THEY RELEASE A PICTURE OF A GHOST TO THE ARGUS FOR HELP....TOP TIP PLOD....RELEASE THE IMAGE STRAIGHT AWAY...BEFORE THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO ESSEX, SCARBOROUGH, LIVERPOOL,LONDON.... ETC...WE HAVE THE POLICE AND COUCIL WE DESERVE..PMSL....[/p][/quote]Totally agree Valentinian, makes no logical sense why the Police with-held vital evidence from the public which was supposed to make the Country safer for everyone, they are incompetent at best and the chances of them being brought to justice has diminished significantly, excellent cctv footage, about as useful as Sussex Police, shambolic all-round.[/p][/quote]Vital evidence? That could be my next door neighbours and I still wouldn't be able to identify them. For all those civil libertarians who are out there and complain of living in a 'big brother' society......Well the reality is somewhat different. Trust me, there's rarely CCTV footage of crime and when there is, it's of a similar standard to that shown above. It certainly won't stand up in court. They may be able to sharpen the images on CSI but I'll let you in on a secret....(whispers) that's only TV and the police can't really do it in real life. Anyway, I've seen images of better quality released by the police before and published on these very pages. On those occasions I invariably read complaints such as, "what's the point of releasing these pictures?..They're just a smudge...Useless plod!" or similar. My guess is that the police cannot close the case until ALL lines of enquiry have been exhausted which includes press releases. By the way tykemison, I had to laugh at the fact that you call the police incompetent then submit the same post twice. Oh the irony. Don't worry mate, I've done it numerous times myself but it just goes to show, ANYONE can make a mistake;-)[/p][/quote]Please don't equate accidentally posting twice with police incompetence. The two don't even bear comparison. These images should have been released at the time, not six months later.[/p][/quote]1. You obviously completely missed the point that I was trying to make. 2. You obviously despise the police. I'm sure they're not too bothered either way.[/p][/quote]What was your point? No, I don't despise the police. I despise the way they f*ck up all the time, which isn't the same thing. You're welcome.[/p][/quote]I am with Jared on this. We have one of the worst a Police Forces in England..(see HMIC Report) the lowest rating that can be given is POOR... In the five categories.....Susse x got three poor and two Satisfactory...I am pleased that Sussex Police managed to get another 'POOR' rating to go with those from HMIC in Solving Serious Crime, Reducing Serious Crimes etc it shows consistency. Still as the Chief Constable sated, "It is about more than numbers'....oh.....S ussex Police has been placed 'on watch ' by the data watchdog over its poor record responding to freedom of information requests. An arrest rare of 23 percent on serious crime and a conviction rate of 26 percent of those....that equates to 5 percent...5 out of a hundred! Lol... We have the Police Force we deserve![/p][/quote](Friendly face) If I can address both you and tykemison (and jared, if he's calmed down): Statistics aren't always a true reflection on what's actually going on. I think it was Einstein who said "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted, counts. Let's take an example; a shoplifter steals a mars bar = 1 crime. A police officer catches him just along the street = 1 arrest. Now let's look at a murder = 1 crime. Following months of investigation, endless statements and the involvement of hundreds of police officers, an arrest is made. So there you are, 2 crimes and 2 arrests. However I'm sure that you appreciate that the second has been considerably more labour and resource intensive than the first. While this will be obvious to anyone with a shred of intelligence, there aren't any actual statistics to demonstrate the disparity. Oh, and please don't think that I equate shoplifting to murder. I only used the two as they are at opposing ends of a very long scale. With regards to the popular complaint that the police target motorists. Please don't judge the service on what you see on Road Wars, Caught on Camera or Motorway Cops etc. Anyway, I usually hear such complaints from those who've been on the receiving end of a ticket. I find it ironic how some people lambast the police for not enforcing the law then in the next breath lambast them for...well, enforcing the law. I understand why people may think the police target motorists. We live relatively isolated lives. We're either at home, at work or in our cars going between the two (or is that just me:?) Chances are, the only time we'll actually see the police is when they're at the roadside giving someone a ticket so that does tend to reinforce the stereotype. However, your actual front-line bobbies don't have time for any of that sort of thing. I've been in police stations on Saturday nights (and Sunday nights for that matter) when every cell is full and none of the detanees are in there for speeding. I apologise but I do feel quite passionate about this as I am in a position where I can see behind the police curtain and I assure you that I don't see useless, lazy, incompetent officers. While it would be ludicrous to suggest that such officers don't exist, it's equally ludicrous to suggest that our police stations are full of them. On a final note, I have to concede that police officers make mistakes. Frequent mistakes. However so do I and so do all of my colleagues. However we deal with the law which, other than medicine, is probably the most extensive and complicated field to enter. Just trying to get your head around one piece of legislation is bad enough but there are thousands. I sometimes struggle to find legislation when I'm in a comfortable office with a legal database at my fingertips and a research library just down the hall. I certainly wouldn't expect a police officer to know it all off the top of his head. As if the law wasn't confusing enough, you have the bureaucracy and endless dogma surrounding the law. I regularly go in to court with cases which have box files of paperwork but only about 30 or so pages are of any evidential value. As such, trying to separate the wheat from the chaff is difficult and mistakes happen. Just like they happen in every occupation, however not every occupation has a media waiting to seize, embelish, exaggerate and publicise those mistakes. As such, it's no wonder that some people think of the police the way they do. Watchdog50
  • Score: 2

11:39am Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid.
I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid. ok,jared
  • Score: 0

12:26pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Watchdog50 says...

ok,jared wrote:
I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid.
Fair enough jared.....I tried. I and any reasonably moderate readers can see that conciliation and a plea for empathy is wasted on you. What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort.
[quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid.[/p][/quote]Fair enough jared.....I tried. I and any reasonably moderate readers can see that conciliation and a plea for empathy is wasted on you. What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort. Watchdog50
  • Score: 2

12:43pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Watchdog50 wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid.
Fair enough jared.....I tried. I and any reasonably moderate readers can see that conciliation and a plea for empathy is wasted on you. What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort.
You came on here to complain about posters who had raised legitimate concerns about the standards of our police force.

You ended up agreeing with them.

As for 'bigoted', you're plainly one who bandies the term around without knowing what it means.
[quote][p][bold]Watchdog50[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: I love the way Watchdog spent all that time writing his support for the police whilst at the same time admitting that the concerns of other posters about their performance and ability were valid.[/p][/quote]Fair enough jared.....I tried. I and any reasonably moderate readers can see that conciliation and a plea for empathy is wasted on you. What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort.[/p][/quote]You came on here to complain about posters who had raised legitimate concerns about the standards of our police force. You ended up agreeing with them. As for 'bigoted', you're plainly one who bandies the term around without knowing what it means. ok,jared
  • Score: -2

2:53pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Another example of pathetic policing:

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/news/article-
2738336/Mother-names
-125-potential-sex-a
busers-daughter-s-mo
bile-phone-Rotherham
-police-refused-inve
stigate-breached-rig
hts.html

And the police wonder why they are so unpopular.

I am certain that if the mother had referred to any of those rapists as 'p*kis' she would have been arrested on the spot.

THIS is why our police farce is derided.
Another example of pathetic policing: http://www.dailymail .co.uk/news/article- 2738336/Mother-names -125-potential-sex-a busers-daughter-s-mo bile-phone-Rotherham -police-refused-inve stigate-breached-rig hts.html And the police wonder why they are so unpopular. I am certain that if the mother had referred to any of those rapists as 'p*kis' she would have been arrested on the spot. THIS is why our police farce is derided. ok,jared
  • Score: -4

3:23pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

" What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort."

Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects.

You're a disgrace to the uniform.
" What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort." Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects. You're a disgrace to the uniform. ok,jared
  • Score: -3

4:12pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Roundbill says...

ok,jared wrote:
" What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort."

Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects.

You're a disgrace to the uniform.
Stevo, why on earth do you think Watchdog is a police officer? Weirdo.
[quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: " What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort." Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects. You're a disgrace to the uniform.[/p][/quote]Stevo, why on earth do you think Watchdog is a police officer? Weirdo. Roundbill
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Roundbill wrote:
ok,jared wrote:
" What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort."

Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects.

You're a disgrace to the uniform.
Stevo, why on earth do you think Watchdog is a police officer? Weirdo.
Stevo isn't commenting....you quoted me.
[quote][p][bold]Roundbill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ok,jared[/bold] wrote: " What's annoying is that I may have to defend you some day and won't even know it. I'll just regard you as one of those bigoted commentators who isn't worth the effort." Fine words from a copper who believes he has the right to choose which members of the public he protects. You're a disgrace to the uniform.[/p][/quote]Stevo, why on earth do you think Watchdog is a police officer? Weirdo.[/p][/quote]Stevo isn't commenting....you quoted me. ok,jared
  • Score: -1

4:31pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Roundbill says...

lol
lol Roundbill
  • Score: 4

4:40pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Roundbill wrote:
lol
Yes, your stupidity is laughable.
[quote][p][bold]Roundbill[/bold] wrote: lol[/p][/quote]Yes, your stupidity is laughable. ok,jared
  • Score: -1

6:51pm Sun 31 Aug 14

whatsisname says...

What a bunch of sad people sitting by their screens, with absolutely nothing else to do except write stupid nonsensical comments about things they have no knowledge about whatsoever.. #GO AND GET SOME FRESH AIR DIVS!!
What a bunch of sad people sitting by their screens, with absolutely nothing else to do except write stupid nonsensical comments about things they have no knowledge about whatsoever.. #GO AND GET SOME FRESH AIR DIVS!! whatsisname
  • Score: 0

7:32pm Sun 31 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

whatsisname wrote:
What a bunch of sad people sitting by their screens, with absolutely nothing else to do except write stupid nonsensical comments about things they have no knowledge about whatsoever.. #GO AND GET SOME FRESH AIR DIVS!!
The irony.
[quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: What a bunch of sad people sitting by their screens, with absolutely nothing else to do except write stupid nonsensical comments about things they have no knowledge about whatsoever.. #GO AND GET SOME FRESH AIR DIVS!![/p][/quote]The irony. ok,jared
  • Score: -2

7:40pm Sun 31 Aug 14

hoveguyactually says...

Ond doesn't have to have an opinion about the police to state the obvious fact that too often the images that are displayed are far too blurred for anyone to be able to recognise the suspects. With modern technology that is unforgivable.

Meanwhile, I am sure the woman is Miss Havisham from "Great Expectations". Behind her is the ghost of the man who deserted her.
Ond doesn't have to have an opinion about the police to state the obvious fact that too often the images that are displayed are far too blurred for anyone to be able to recognise the suspects. With modern technology that is unforgivable. Meanwhile, I am sure the woman is Miss Havisham from "Great Expectations". Behind her is the ghost of the man who deserted her. hoveguyactually
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree