'Thick' thieves have to be decontaminated after breaking into asbestos-riddled building

First published in News by , Crime reporter

Three men have been branded “Britain’s thickest thieves” after breaking into a building riddled with asbestos.

The trio, who have now undergone decontamination, forced their way into the deserted post office in Ship Street, Brighton, at 1.30pm yesterday, ignoring health and safety signs warning them about the danger.

Police were called and themen were arrested but before they could be interviewed they had to be decontaminated to ensure asbestos particles were removed.

Traders condemned the thieves as fools, with Stuart Wilkie, of Brighton Lanes Traders stating: “Are these Britain’s thickest thieves?

“It is ludicrous. Going into the decontamination unit serves them right. It is poetic justice."

For the full story see today's Argus. 

Comments (51)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:08pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Nathan_Adler says...

Three words. Ha ha and ha.
Three words. Ha ha and ha. Nathan_Adler
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Sat 22 Sep 12

rolivan says...

The thing is they might have to wait 30 years for their punishment.It is a horrible slow death.
The thing is they might have to wait 30 years for their punishment.It is a horrible slow death. rolivan
  • Score: 0

1:21pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Dr.Draconian says...

I bet they will be suing the owners!
I bet they will be suing the owners! Dr.Draconian
  • Score: 0

1:23pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Maxwell's Ghost says...

Oh dear, these guys will spend the rest of their lives shi**ing themselves because it only takes a few asbestos fibres to be inhaled to get deep into the lungs to cause cancer and the other serious lung diseases.
Oh dear, these guys will spend the rest of their lives shi**ing themselves because it only takes a few asbestos fibres to be inhaled to get deep into the lungs to cause cancer and the other serious lung diseases. Maxwell's Ghost
  • Score: 0

1:28pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Ballroom Blitz says...

Marvelous. Poetic justice.
Marvelous. Poetic justice. Ballroom Blitz
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Sat 22 Sep 12

rolivan says...

I know there isn't a lot of difference but were they thieves or squatters seems a strange time to break into a place to steal but with the change in law maybe they were squatters.
I know there isn't a lot of difference but were they thieves or squatters seems a strange time to break into a place to steal but with the change in law maybe they were squatters. rolivan
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Sat 22 Sep 12

ASBO academy inmate 2291D says...

Seriously thick indeed.
But something doesn't seem quite right here. 'Building riddled with asbestos' - it only closed recently, what of the poor people working there for so many years, and the customers?

Why would 'health and safety signs' prevent a draft supplying particles to the surrounding area outside?
Do the asbestos particles just stay inside and obey the signs? Has someone with a clip-board and gnawed biro declared it safe as long as nobody opens the door or breaks wind nearby?

The asbestos in this building should not have been disturbed if it was not going to be treated and removed.

Far more entirely innocent people are exposed to asbestos each year. I hope these gooners face the full force of the law - and pay the £20 fine as soon as they receive their £1 million compensation.
Seriously thick indeed. But something doesn't seem quite right here. 'Building riddled with asbestos' - it only closed recently, what of the poor people working there for so many years, and the customers? Why would 'health and safety signs' prevent a draft supplying particles to the surrounding area outside? Do the asbestos particles just stay inside and obey the signs? Has someone with a clip-board and gnawed biro declared it safe as long as nobody opens the door or breaks wind nearby? The asbestos in this building should not have been disturbed if it was not going to be treated and removed. Far more entirely innocent people are exposed to asbestos each year. I hope these gooners face the full force of the law - and pay the £20 fine as soon as they receive their £1 million compensation. ASBO academy inmate 2291D
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Sat 22 Sep 12

campotolox says...

Leave them alone,they were only doing as best as they can?
Leave them alone,they were only doing as best as they can? campotolox
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Sat 22 Sep 12

MuammarQaddafi says...

I look forward to a movie version starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
I look forward to a movie version starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. MuammarQaddafi
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Sat 22 Sep 12

minnie&teddy says...

idiots plain and simple serves them right!!
idiots plain and simple serves them right!! minnie&teddy
  • Score: 0

3:32pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

campotolox wrote:
Leave them alone,they were only doing as best as they can?
I would hope that they have to at the very least pay the costs associated with decontamination. Equally their medical files should be noted and treatment for any future issues only provided on a paid for basis, rather than NHS.
[quote][p][bold]campotolox[/bold] wrote: Leave them alone,they were only doing as best as they can?[/p][/quote]I would hope that they have to at the very least pay the costs associated with decontamination. Equally their medical files should be noted and treatment for any future issues only provided on a paid for basis, rather than NHS. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

3:45pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Surely not! says...

Do you really wish asbestosis on to another person? Do you really think its poetic justice? I think if you do you should take a good long look at yourself.
Do you really wish asbestosis on to another person? Do you really think its poetic justice? I think if you do you should take a good long look at yourself. Surely not!
  • Score: 0

4:25pm Sat 22 Sep 12

campotolox says...

Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton?
Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton? campotolox
  • Score: 0

4:31pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Surely not! says...

campotolox wrote:
Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton?
I wasn't commenting on anything you said, as your comment made little sense to me.... but haha... very funny.
[quote][p][bold]campotolox[/bold] wrote: Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton?[/p][/quote]I wasn't commenting on anything you said, as your comment made little sense to me.... but haha... very funny. Surely not!
  • Score: 0

5:48pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

Surely not! wrote:
campotolox wrote:
Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton?
I wasn't commenting on anything you said, as your comment made little sense to me.... but haha... very funny.
You seem like a fairly unusual duo. So its OK to commit crime and its OK to wish the worst on criminals is it?


You should sort yourselves out!
[quote][p][bold]Surely not![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]campotolox[/bold] wrote: Surely not mate it was supposed to be a joke,what are you on ,oh hang on you live in Brighton?[/p][/quote]I wasn't commenting on anything you said, as your comment made little sense to me.... but haha... very funny.[/p][/quote]You seem like a fairly unusual duo. So its OK to commit crime and its OK to wish the worst on criminals is it? You should sort yourselves out! Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

6:15pm Sat 22 Sep 12

lorrie1 says...

There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it? lorrie1
  • Score: 0

6:38pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Flippin Burghers says...

If I go to the Post Office will I catch asbestos too?
If I go to the Post Office will I catch asbestos too? Flippin Burghers
  • Score: 0

6:42pm Sat 22 Sep 12

rolivan says...

lorrie1 wrote:
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.
[quote][p][bold]lorrie1[/bold] wrote: There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?[/p][/quote]If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences. rolivan
  • Score: 0

9:01pm Sat 22 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

rolivan wrote:
lorrie1 wrote:
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.
Great comments! The morale of the story is..................
............?
[quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lorrie1[/bold] wrote: There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?[/p][/quote]If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.[/p][/quote]Great comments! The morale of the story is.................. ............? Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Sat 22 Sep 12

rolivan says...

Somethingsarejustwro
ng
wrote:
rolivan wrote:
lorrie1 wrote:
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.
Great comments! The morale of the story is..................

............?
Do as you are asked or face the concequences.
[quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lorrie1[/bold] wrote: There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?[/p][/quote]If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.[/p][/quote]Great comments! The morale of the story is.................. ............?[/p][/quote]Do as you are asked or face the concequences. rolivan
  • Score: 0

1:10am Sun 23 Sep 12

Roundbill says...

rolivan wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro

ng
wrote:
rolivan wrote:
lorrie1 wrote:
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.
Great comments! The morale of the story is..................


............?
Do as you are asked or face the concequences.
That's pretty much what the Nazis said.
.
There, I've invoked Godwin's Law - now can we all go home?
[quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lorrie1[/bold] wrote: There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?[/p][/quote]If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.[/p][/quote]Great comments! The morale of the story is.................. ............?[/p][/quote]Do as you are asked or face the concequences.[/p][/quote]That's pretty much what the Nazis said. . There, I've invoked Godwin's Law - now can we all go home? Roundbill
  • Score: 0

8:14am Sun 23 Sep 12

sussexguy says...

What on earth has that got to do with the Nazis? Sorry, but these idiots deserve all they get, and we the taxpayers should not be paying towards their decontamination. In any case, what on earth were they planning to do once they got inside? Surely there is nothing left there for them to steal.
What on earth has that got to do with the Nazis? Sorry, but these idiots deserve all they get, and we the taxpayers should not be paying towards their decontamination. In any case, what on earth were they planning to do once they got inside? Surely there is nothing left there for them to steal. sussexguy
  • Score: 0

9:31am Sun 23 Sep 12

pebble counter says...

I'd like to know what sort of asbestos it is they were covered in. The dangerous stuff is blue asbestos. There's lots of grey asbestos about, it's in the roof of the building I work in, and probably around everyone else too in their daily lives. Since the advent of mad health and safety rules, all because of litigation rather than health and safety, people think you shrivel up and die the moment you see a bit of asbestos roofing.
I'd like to know what sort of asbestos it is they were covered in. The dangerous stuff is blue asbestos. There's lots of grey asbestos about, it's in the roof of the building I work in, and probably around everyone else too in their daily lives. Since the advent of mad health and safety rules, all because of litigation rather than health and safety, people think you shrivel up and die the moment you see a bit of asbestos roofing. pebble counter
  • Score: 0

10:10am Sun 23 Sep 12

Frank28 says...

If they've inhaled asbestos dust, the damage is already done. Asbestosis is probably the nastiest of diseases, if you've ever met anyone dying from it.
If they've inhaled asbestos dust, the damage is already done. Asbestosis is probably the nastiest of diseases, if you've ever met anyone dying from it. Frank28
  • Score: 0

10:39am Sun 23 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided.

Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute.

Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go!
Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided. Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute. Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go! Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

11:12am Sun 23 Sep 12

hubby says...

I used to use that Post Office.
I wish I had known that there was asbestos contamination!
Why wasn't I told?
I used to use that Post Office. I wish I had known that there was asbestos contamination! Why wasn't I told? hubby
  • Score: 0

11:18am Sun 23 Sep 12

gmgc81 says...

In the words of N.Mutz of Springfield USA: HA HA!

I doubt they can sue the owners of the building. If there were warning signs outside the building the idiots should be aware of the dangers. I have no sympathy for them. They've already condemned themselves to a death sentence, even if the UK doesn't actually have a death sentence.
In the words of N.Mutz of Springfield USA: HA HA! I doubt they can sue the owners of the building. If there were warning signs outside the building the idiots should be aware of the dangers. I have no sympathy for them. They've already condemned themselves to a death sentence, even if the UK doesn't actually have a death sentence. gmgc81
  • Score: 0

11:34am Sun 23 Sep 12

jackyboy6789 says...

so why would thieves break into a derelict building, only last week it was a squat and since squatters rights got banned from residential buildings there are more people on the street, loads more than what the government think, 100's of thousands more, the point it there is nothing to steal in that building unless you want asbestos or some empty beer cans from a rave that was there last week with over 500 people there, im sure the so called thieves are not stealing anything, there trying to break in so them and their mates can sleep out of the rain today! i could say lots more to argue against this but it **** me off the fact the newspaper is writing wrongful information, i used to squat myself and if you dont earn over £800 a month you cant afford somewhere to live unless you go claim loads of benefits off the council and job center so whats all the fuss about squatting?
so why would thieves break into a derelict building, only last week it was a squat and since squatters rights got banned from residential buildings there are more people on the street, loads more than what the government think, 100's of thousands more, the point it there is nothing to steal in that building unless you want asbestos or some empty beer cans from a rave that was there last week with over 500 people there, im sure the so called thieves are not stealing anything, there trying to break in so them and their mates can sleep out of the rain today! i could say lots more to argue against this but it **** me off the fact the newspaper is writing wrongful information, i used to squat myself and if you dont earn over £800 a month you cant afford somewhere to live unless you go claim loads of benefits off the council and job center so whats all the fuss about squatting? jackyboy6789
  • Score: 0

11:45am Sun 23 Sep 12

jackyboy6789 says...

Somethingsarejustwro
ng
wrote:
Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided.

Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute.

Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go!
surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away.
[quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided. Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute. Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go![/p][/quote]surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away. jackyboy6789
  • Score: 0

11:50am Sun 23 Sep 12

jackyboy6789 says...

sussexguy wrote:
What on earth has that got to do with the Nazis? Sorry, but these idiots deserve all they get, and we the taxpayers should not be paying towards their decontamination. In any case, what on earth were they planning to do once they got inside? Surely there is nothing left there for them to steal.
well since squatters rights got banned from residentual building there are hundreds nearly thousands of people on the street, not what the council knows about, and thats because not all homeless people beg down west street. they wanted to get in that building so they could get out of the rain, just last week it got evicted as a squat. so either these people live in squats or on the streets or they claim hundreds of thousands pounds worth of housing benifits so they can get back on there feet and work again.
[quote][p][bold]sussexguy[/bold] wrote: What on earth has that got to do with the Nazis? Sorry, but these idiots deserve all they get, and we the taxpayers should not be paying towards their decontamination. In any case, what on earth were they planning to do once they got inside? Surely there is nothing left there for them to steal.[/p][/quote]well since squatters rights got banned from residentual building there are hundreds nearly thousands of people on the street, not what the council knows about, and thats because not all homeless people beg down west street. they wanted to get in that building so they could get out of the rain, just last week it got evicted as a squat. so either these people live in squats or on the streets or they claim hundreds of thousands pounds worth of housing benifits so they can get back on there feet and work again. jackyboy6789
  • Score: 0

11:51am Sun 23 Sep 12

BlackRocker says...

jackyboy6789 wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro

ng
wrote:
Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided.

Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute.

Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go!
surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away.
With your spelling, I can't help wondering if you have a job.
[quote][p][bold]jackyboy6789[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided. Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute. Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go![/p][/quote]surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away.[/p][/quote]With your spelling, I can't help wondering if you have a job. BlackRocker
  • Score: 0

11:55am Sun 23 Sep 12

BlackRocker says...

hubby wrote:
I used to use that Post Office.
I wish I had known that there was asbestos contamination!
Why wasn't I told?
Remember, where there's blame there's a claim! I hope you're already taking legal advice. Idiot.
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: I used to use that Post Office. I wish I had known that there was asbestos contamination! Why wasn't I told?[/p][/quote]Remember, where there's blame there's a claim! I hope you're already taking legal advice. Idiot. BlackRocker
  • Score: 0

12:03pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

jackyboy6789 wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro

ng
wrote:
Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided.

Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute.

Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go!
surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away.
You don't have the first idea and its your sort that I'd like to see the back of. Go back to your birth place and stop trying to justify why what is clearly wrong is right.

If you and these people stopped investing in strong lager and cider and for some of this group drugs then this cash would support sensible levels of accommodation.

We all have a story to tell to justify things, its just that some are valid and yours and your chums are not.

Now jog on!
[quote][p][bold]jackyboy6789[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: Regardless of what they may and may not now suffer from, we, the tax payers, should not incur any costs for their treatment, including that already provided. Once again its the minority who don't contribute (even though the story doesn't tell us the profile of these people, we can be safe in our guessing) who create problems and cost for the rest of us, who do contribute. Its time to stop this nonsense and we should start with the street drinking, homeless beggars and drive them off our streets......And before any do-gooder, turn the other cheek type, tries to speak up for them, I frankly don't care where they go, just so long as they go![/p][/quote]surely these people can leave the streets if they had somewhere to live, most people on the streets have reasons, and to me you sound like a stuck up posh **** lol, these people dont have family support and money in there pockets which has drove them to break down! those thieves weren't stealing anything they were trying to get in there to sleep out of the rain! so they sit in some old derelict building whilst your sat here on your iPad and iPhone 4s criticizing them about how they should go away.[/p][/quote]You don't have the first idea and its your sort that I'd like to see the back of. Go back to your birth place and stop trying to justify why what is clearly wrong is right. If you and these people stopped investing in strong lager and cider and for some of this group drugs then this cash would support sensible levels of accommodation. We all have a story to tell to justify things, its just that some are valid and yours and your chums are not. Now jog on! Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

12:22pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Hove Ex-Pat says...

Modern day justification for that old phrase, "Thick as thieves".
Modern day justification for that old phrase, "Thick as thieves". Hove Ex-Pat
  • Score: 0

4:49pm Sun 23 Sep 12

NickBrt says...

Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?
Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation? NickBrt
  • Score: 0

5:03pm Sun 23 Sep 12

rolivan says...

If there is such a problem with homelessness the easy solution would be to let them have some shipping containers to sleep in and put them out at Horsedean.
If there is such a problem with homelessness the easy solution would be to let them have some shipping containers to sleep in and put them out at Horsedean. rolivan
  • Score: 0

6:34pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

rolivan wrote:
If there is such a problem with homelessness the easy solution would be to let them have some shipping containers to sleep in and put them out at Horsedean.
Sounds like a plan, or better still drop them on a large container ship and use the vast amount of funds saved in Brighton to pay the captain to stay well out at sea.
[quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: If there is such a problem with homelessness the easy solution would be to let them have some shipping containers to sleep in and put them out at Horsedean.[/p][/quote]Sounds like a plan, or better still drop them on a large container ship and use the vast amount of funds saved in Brighton to pay the captain to stay well out at sea. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

7:09pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Artificial says...

NickBrt wrote:
Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic.

Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D
[quote][p][bold]NickBrt[/bold] wrote: Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic. Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D Artificial
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

Artificial wrote:
NickBrt wrote:
Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic.

Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame!
[quote][p][bold]Artificial[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NickBrt[/bold] wrote: Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic. Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame! Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

8:03pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Artificial says...

Somethingsarejustwro
ng
wrote:
Artificial wrote:
NickBrt wrote:
Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic.

Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame!
Exactly
[quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Artificial[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NickBrt[/bold] wrote: Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic. Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame![/p][/quote]Exactly Artificial
  • Score: 0

8:08pm Sun 23 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

Artificial wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro

ng
wrote:
Artificial wrote:
NickBrt wrote:
Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic.

Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D
Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame!
Exactly
Artificial - I am pleased that you have reflected on your inane and irrelevant comment and agree with my feedback.

That said your acknowledgement only serves to make you look even more pathetic.
[quote][p][bold]Artificial[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Artificial[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NickBrt[/bold] wrote: Has Caroline Lucas rushed to their aid checking they have all help they need as well as copious amounts of legal advice to enable them to sue the owners for this contamination and to sue the person who branded them thick, which surely must be a breach of their human rights for which Dr Lucas will be recommending they seek compensation?[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Caroline Lucas. Your comment just makes you look pathetic. Why not blame Thatcher like everyone else ;-D[/p][/quote]Why did you feel the need to write that? This story has no relevance to Margaret Thatcher. Your comment just makes you look pathetic and you only have yourself to blame![/p][/quote]Exactly[/p][/quote]Artificial - I am pleased that you have reflected on your inane and irrelevant comment and agree with my feedback. That said your acknowledgement only serves to make you look even more pathetic. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

4:21pm Mon 24 Sep 12

chacharoo says...

It's worth talking to people who know what happened rather than blathering on about what 'may' have happened and laying the blame at the wrong people's feet. People did live in that building; some were sleeping or going about their business. The asbestos was safely covered in the walls as it is in many buildings. These idiots came in with sledgehammers and power tools to dismantle as much as the could for scrap- radiators etc, and were smashing walls down while the people that were living there were still there. There's your story.
It's worth talking to people who know what happened rather than blathering on about what 'may' have happened and laying the blame at the wrong people's feet. People did live in that building; some were sleeping or going about their business. The asbestos was safely covered in the walls as it is in many buildings. These idiots came in with sledgehammers and power tools to dismantle as much as the could for scrap- radiators etc, and were smashing walls down while the people that were living there were still there. There's your story. chacharoo
  • Score: 0

4:49pm Mon 24 Sep 12

hannover seagull says...

Roundbill wrote:
rolivan wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro


ng
wrote:
rolivan wrote:
lorrie1 wrote:
There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?
If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.
Great comments! The morale of the story is..................



............?
Do as you are asked or face the concequences.
That's pretty much what the Nazis said.
.
There, I've invoked Godwin's Law - now can we all go home?
Can´t remember the Nazis putting up polite Public Safety notices as is the case here

What a ridiculous analogy
[quote][p][bold]Roundbill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rolivan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lorrie1[/bold] wrote: There was a big party in there last saturday, Not so funny now is it?[/p][/quote]If you walk on a live rail you will get electrocuted.If you walk across the road when the lights say not to, you will probably get run over if you enter a building that says danger keep out you will have to face the concequences.[/p][/quote]Great comments! The morale of the story is.................. ............?[/p][/quote]Do as you are asked or face the concequences.[/p][/quote]That's pretty much what the Nazis said. . There, I've invoked Godwin's Law - now can we all go home?[/p][/quote]Can´t remember the Nazis putting up polite Public Safety notices as is the case here What a ridiculous analogy hannover seagull
  • Score: 0

7:56pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

chacharoo wrote:
It's worth talking to people who know what happened rather than blathering on about what 'may' have happened and laying the blame at the wrong people's feet. People did live in that building; some were sleeping or going about their business. The asbestos was safely covered in the walls as it is in many buildings. These idiots came in with sledgehammers and power tools to dismantle as much as the could for scrap- radiators etc, and were smashing walls down while the people that were living there were still there. There's your story.
What a confusing update, although it does sound interesting.

Would you mind clarifying who was doing what and why please?
[quote][p][bold]chacharoo[/bold] wrote: It's worth talking to people who know what happened rather than blathering on about what 'may' have happened and laying the blame at the wrong people's feet. People did live in that building; some were sleeping or going about their business. The asbestos was safely covered in the walls as it is in many buildings. These idiots came in with sledgehammers and power tools to dismantle as much as the could for scrap- radiators etc, and were smashing walls down while the people that were living there were still there. There's your story.[/p][/quote]What a confusing update, although it does sound interesting. Would you mind clarifying who was doing what and why please? Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

8:39pm Mon 24 Sep 12

chacharoo says...

why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.
why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there. chacharoo
  • Score: 0

9:31pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

chacharoo wrote:
why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.
Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying.

Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with.
[quote][p][bold]chacharoo[/bold] wrote: why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.[/p][/quote]Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying. Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

10:05am Tue 25 Sep 12

NickBrt says...

Dear aptly-named Artificial. The connection with Dr Cl is that is exactly what she did with Occupy.
Dear aptly-named Artificial. The connection with Dr Cl is that is exactly what she did with Occupy. NickBrt
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Tue 25 Sep 12

chacharoo says...

Somethingsarejustwro
ng
wrote:
chacharoo wrote: why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.
Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying. Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with.
Oh I'm sorry I tried to give a reasonable answer, I hadn't realised you were an idiot, my mistake.
[quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chacharoo[/bold] wrote: why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.[/p][/quote]Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying. Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with.[/p][/quote]Oh I'm sorry I tried to give a reasonable answer, I hadn't realised you were an idiot, my mistake. chacharoo
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

chacharoo wrote:
Somethingsarejustwro

ng
wrote:
chacharoo wrote: why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.
Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying. Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with.
Oh I'm sorry I tried to give a reasonable answer, I hadn't realised you were an idiot, my mistake.
You did give a reasonable answer and you will note I thanked you for clarifying for me.

What I then went on to do, was summarize how the new legislation will eradicate this minority group who cause so much nuisance and incur costs for others.

I find it strange that you should refer to me as an idiot when all I have done is reflect the sentiments of the vast majority of the good people of Brighton.
[quote][p][bold]chacharoo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Somethingsarejustwro ng[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chacharoo[/bold] wrote: why confusing? The place is a known squat, people live there. These guys came in, they had a truck outside to carry away the stuff so were there with the intention to get scrap metal I assume. Some are known as squatters themselves, though they very much upset the people lving there.[/p][/quote]Ah, so the 3 people arrested were squatters in the process of stripping assets from the property; thanks for clarifying. Lucky the legislation has been passed and here's looking to a future where these parasites are systematically identified and dealt with.[/p][/quote]Oh I'm sorry I tried to give a reasonable answer, I hadn't realised you were an idiot, my mistake.[/p][/quote]You did give a reasonable answer and you will note I thanked you for clarifying for me. What I then went on to do, was summarize how the new legislation will eradicate this minority group who cause so much nuisance and incur costs for others. I find it strange that you should refer to me as an idiot when all I have done is reflect the sentiments of the vast majority of the good people of Brighton. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

8:47pm Wed 26 Sep 12

chacharoo says...

The new legislation is for residential properties, and would not apply here. I do not wish to argue with you as you obviously know nothing about people who live on the street and their problems. I do not think they should be referred to as parasites.
The new legislation is for residential properties, and would not apply here. I do not wish to argue with you as you obviously know nothing about people who live on the street and their problems. I do not think they should be referred to as parasites. chacharoo
  • Score: 0

11:20pm Fri 28 Sep 12

ravin.scotsman says...

i would like 2 say that on the 23rd building inspectors passed the lower part of the building as being safe from asbestos. if the argus were 2 do their job properly then they would know this, again this is another case of the tabliods doing as they please and not as they should. and lets not 4get the 3 that got nicked were actually innocent bystanders. again the argus has got it wrong, nothing new there then:)
i would like 2 say that on the 23rd building inspectors passed the lower part of the building as being safe from asbestos. if the argus were 2 do their job properly then they would know this, again this is another case of the tabliods doing as they please and not as they should. and lets not 4get the 3 that got nicked were actually innocent bystanders. again the argus has got it wrong, nothing new there then:) ravin.scotsman
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree