Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex school bus firm Countryliner goes into administration
7:54pm Monday 8th October 2012 in News
Council staff were tonight scrambling to arrange emergency school buses after transport firm Countryliner Sussex went bust.
East Sussex County Council announced it was organising replacement services to ferry pupils to and from their schools after the company went into administration.
Countryliner took children to schools in Chailey, Ringmer, Uckfield, Wivelsfield, Lewes, Cuckfield, East Grinstead, Heathfield, Wadhurst, Robertsbridge and Battle.
A council spokesman said: “We regret the disruption to bus services that this will cause. Children should be able to get to school as normal but expect delays.”
Which services face disruption?
- 121 Newick – Chailey – Cooksbridge - Lewes
- 125 Barcombe – Cooksbridge – Lewes – Glynde - Alfriston
- 127 Lewes Landport Estate
- 128 Lewes Town
- 166 Lewes – Plumpton Green – Wivelsfield Green – Haywards Heath
- 254 Tunbridge Wells – Frant – Wadhurst – Ticehurst - Hawkhust
- 256 Tunbridge Wells to Uplands Community College (School Journeys only)
- 258 Kilndown – Lamberhurst – Wadhurst
- 259 Bodle Street – Wartling – Cowbeech – Heathfield Community College
- 261 Uckfield – Maresfield – Nutley – Chelwood Gate – Forest Row – E Grinstead
- 304/305 Hastings – Battle – Roberstbridge – Hurst Green - Hawkhurst
- 824 Village Rider serving Lewes, Plumpton Green, Wivelsfield Green, Ditchling, Burgess Hill
Transport to the following schools and colleges will be affected:
- Chailey School
- St Peters CE School, Chailey
- Uckfield Community Technology College
- Ringmer Academy
- Wivelsfield County Primary
- Uplands Community College, Wadhurst
- Heathfield Community College
- Robertsbridge Community College
- Claverham Community College, Battle
- Priory School, Lewes
- Sussex Downs College, Lewes
- Warden Park School, Cuckfield
- Sackville School, East Grinstead
Have you been affected? Email email@example.com or call 01273 544514.
Comments are closed on this article.