Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
12-year-old attacked on way home from school
6:20pm Tuesday 29th January 2013 in Education
A 12-YEAR-OLD schoolboy was hospitalised after being beaten up as he walked home.
Witnesses said the youngster, who was punched in the face, was attacked as he made his way home from Durrington High School in The Boulevard, Worthing.
A number of pupils saw the attack and said the youngsters who assaulted the boy also attempted to push him into the road in front of moving vehicles.
His attacker, who was only 13, admitted common assault and was given a juvenile reprimand by police – the youth equivalent of an adult caution.
A number of students saw the attack in The Strand, Goring, Worthing, near the West Sussex County Council secondary.
The Argus yesterday contacted Durrington High School, which was closed due to a staff training day.
West Sussex County Council had not responded at the time of going to press.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
Comments are closed on this article.