The ArgusOrlandi ruled out for six weeks (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Orlandi ruled out for six weeks

The Argus: Andrea Orlandi has broken a rib Andrea Orlandi has broken a rib

Albion midfielder Andrea Orlandi has been ruled out for up to six weeks by a broken rib.

The extent of the damage suffered by the Spaniard during Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace has now been confirmed.

It is a major setback for the Seagulls. They have plenty of midfielders to choose from but Orlandi has become increasingly influential since signing from Swansea at the end of the transfer window, including scoring his first goal in the home victory against Bristol City last week.

Boss Gus Poyet told The Argus: “He has got a broken rib and he is going to be out for a while. It is going to be four to six weeks, depending on the healing process for Andrea.

“He didn’t play a lot at Swansea, so we have tried to keep an eye on him because of the football he has missed in the past.

“Everything we have done until now is going to be gone. In a month-and-a-half we will have to start from zero with him, so it is very unfortunate and then, of course, there’s his quality as well.

“He has been getting more influential in the team and also with set plays, so it’s a blow but that is why the squad is there, to make sure we don’t miss him too much.”

Fellow Spaniard Bruno has also been troubled by a rib problem but the damage is less serious and Poyet expects to have the right-back available for Saturday's trip to Charlton.

Poyet also remains hopeful about the prospects of Wayne Bridge (calf) and Adam El-Abd (hamstring) returning against Charlton to ease a defensive crisis. Marcos Painter (calf) is already ruled out and Lewis Dunk is banned for one game for his early red card at Palace.

Poyet said: "I really hope they (Bridge and El-Abd) are going to be allright. At least one of them, I'd take that right now."

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:52am Tue 4 Dec 12

Bob! says...

Shame about Spanish Andy,
still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position.
Shame about Spanish Andy, still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position. Bob!
  • Score: 0

9:52am Tue 4 Dec 12

Willie, Willie Irvine says...

It's a shame, but Gus must keep tripping over all those spare midfielders. Time to dust one of...
It's a shame, but Gus must keep tripping over all those spare midfielders. Time to dust one of... Willie, Willie Irvine
  • Score: 0

10:09am Tue 4 Dec 12

pablobrowno says...

Buckley in the centre, David on the right/left, couple of cameos for Lualua, sorted.
Buckley in the centre, David on the right/left, couple of cameos for Lualua, sorted. pablobrowno
  • Score: 0

10:37am Tue 4 Dec 12

GovindaTim says...

I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks.
I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks. GovindaTim
  • Score: 0

10:52am Tue 4 Dec 12

Alan G Skinner says...

I reiterate a point I made during the Palace game. We get no luck at all!!!!
I reiterate a point I made during the Palace game. We get no luck at all!!!! Alan G Skinner
  • Score: 0

11:58am Tue 4 Dec 12

ballantrrae says...

Real shame about Orlandi as he's been most useful recently. Based on this report it looks as if he will just miss the Newcastle game but should be fit for the Derby one the following Saturday. Of course in January we should have JFC back from Oxford to add to our midfield options. What odds Orlandi will be available before Vicente ? Who I hear other posters ask.
Judging from Poyet's remark at the end of this report he doesn't seem confident of either Bridge or El-Arb being fit for the Charlton game. I just hope they both are. If they aren't Poyet will either have to recall Vincelot and/or select Sampayo or McGovern from the DS. I certainly hope he has at least one defender as cover on the bench whoever it is otherwise I think Poyet will be tempting fate again and we know what happened last Saturday.
Real shame about Orlandi as he's been most useful recently. Based on this report it looks as if he will just miss the Newcastle game but should be fit for the Derby one the following Saturday. Of course in January we should have JFC back from Oxford to add to our midfield options. What odds Orlandi will be available before Vicente ? Who I hear other posters ask. Judging from Poyet's remark at the end of this report he doesn't seem confident of either Bridge or El-Arb being fit for the Charlton game. I just hope they both are. If they aren't Poyet will either have to recall Vincelot and/or select Sampayo or McGovern from the DS. I certainly hope he has at least one defender as cover on the bench whoever it is otherwise I think Poyet will be tempting fate again and we know what happened last Saturday. ballantrrae
  • Score: 0

12:03pm Tue 4 Dec 12

pablobrowno says...

On a positive note, have people read! his? http://www.seagulls.
co.uk/news/!article/
calderon-takes-on-ne
w-class-524551.aspx?
pageView=full
Seems we may have another great future assistant / manager in the making here. Clearly has the brains and probably the motivation.
On a positive note, have people read! his? http://www.seagulls. co.uk/news/!article/ calderon-takes-on-ne w-class-524551.aspx? pageView=full Seems we may have another great future assistant / manager in the making here. Clearly has the brains and probably the motivation. pablobrowno
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Bucket feet Duffy says...

GovindaTim wrote:
I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks.
If you have ever had a broken rib (which I have) the problem is that you struggle to breath without pain walking even after 4 weeks it still is uncomfortable to relieve the pain so any type of physical exercise is difficult up to then.
Obviously the level of physio treatments available will improve the situation but I think Gus has this about right.IMO
[quote][p][bold]GovindaTim[/bold] wrote: I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks.[/p][/quote]If you have ever had a broken rib (which I have) the problem is that you struggle to breath without pain walking even after 4 weeks it still is uncomfortable to relieve the pain so any type of physical exercise is difficult up to then. Obviously the level of physio treatments available will improve the situation but I think Gus has this about right.IMO Bucket feet Duffy
  • Score: 0

12:21pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Albion23 says...

Looks like where going through a rough patch. Will we be delving into ja window? All this hard work to get where we are , cant let it slip now. Must get striker our 2 up front Barnes.& Smith are not 20 goal a season boys.Great defence lousy scoring record.Are we serious ?
Looks like where going through a rough patch. Will we be delving into ja window? All this hard work to get where we are , cant let it slip now. Must get striker our 2 up front Barnes.& Smith are not 20 goal a season boys.Great defence lousy scoring record.Are we serious ? Albion23
  • Score: 0

12:22pm Tue 4 Dec 12

ballantrrae says...

ballantrrae wrote:
Real shame about Orlandi as he's been most useful recently. Based on this report it looks as if he will just miss the Newcastle game but should be fit for the Derby one the following Saturday. Of course in January we should have JFC back from Oxford to add to our midfield options. What odds Orlandi will be available before Vicente ? Who I hear other posters ask.
Judging from Poyet's remark at the end of this report he doesn't seem confident of either Bridge or El-Arb being fit for the Charlton game. I just hope they both are. If they aren't Poyet will either have to recall Vincelot and/or select Sampayo or McGovern from the DS. I certainly hope he has at least one defender as cover on the bench whoever it is otherwise I think Poyet will be tempting fate again and we know what happened last Saturday.
Should read McGiveron not McGovern - apologies.
[quote][p][bold]ballantrrae[/bold] wrote: Real shame about Orlandi as he's been most useful recently. Based on this report it looks as if he will just miss the Newcastle game but should be fit for the Derby one the following Saturday. Of course in January we should have JFC back from Oxford to add to our midfield options. What odds Orlandi will be available before Vicente ? Who I hear other posters ask. Judging from Poyet's remark at the end of this report he doesn't seem confident of either Bridge or El-Arb being fit for the Charlton game. I just hope they both are. If they aren't Poyet will either have to recall Vincelot and/or select Sampayo or McGovern from the DS. I certainly hope he has at least one defender as cover on the bench whoever it is otherwise I think Poyet will be tempting fate again and we know what happened last Saturday.[/p][/quote]Should read McGiveron not McGovern - apologies. ballantrrae
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Alan G Skinner says...

pablobrowno wrote:
On a positive note, have people read! his? http://www.seagulls. co.uk/news/!article/ calderon-takes-on-ne w-class-524551.aspx? pageView=full Seems we may have another great future assistant / manager in the making here. Clearly has the brains and probably the motivation.
Yep and extremely well educated, grounded and generous individual!! Other players (pointing no fingers), should take note!
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: On a positive note, have people read! his? http://www.seagulls. co.uk/news/!article/ calderon-takes-on-ne w-class-524551.aspx? pageView=full Seems we may have another great future assistant / manager in the making here. Clearly has the brains and probably the motivation.[/p][/quote]Yep and extremely well educated, grounded and generous individual!! Other players (pointing no fingers), should take note! Alan G Skinner
  • Score: 0

1:51pm Tue 4 Dec 12

VegasSeagull says...

I think the time has come when we the fans should just accept that this year is not our year. Consolidation should be our goal, a top ten finish and perhaps a couple of lucrative FA Cup matches if we can get past Newcastle again.

As we all know getting promoted out of this division is a tough test and to pass that test clubs not only need some decent players but luck also plays it's part and Brighton have been short on luck so far.

CMS, Orlandi, Bruno, El-Abd and Bridge, all vital players needed for a promotion run and all have been on the sick list or are on it now. Back up player Painter and option player Crofts, both have seen the sick bed this season.

Consolidate this year and rebuild for next, they are my goals for our team.


.
I think the time has come when we the fans should just accept that this year is not our year. Consolidation should be our goal, a top ten finish and perhaps a couple of lucrative FA Cup matches if we can get past Newcastle again. As we all know getting promoted out of this division is a tough test and to pass that test clubs not only need some decent players but luck also plays it's part and Brighton have been short on luck so far. CMS, Orlandi, Bruno, El-Abd and Bridge, all vital players needed for a promotion run and all have been on the sick list or are on it now. Back up player Painter and option player Crofts, both have seen the sick bed this season. Consolidate this year and rebuild for next, they are my goals for our team. . VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Tue 4 Dec 12

championshipgull says...

Vegas how can we accept this is not our year when we are 8th in the table and the potential is there to go higher. If everything comes together and our luck turns we can consolidate in the premier league. We are not even half way through the season yet. Keep the faith.
Vegas how can we accept this is not our year when we are 8th in the table and the potential is there to go higher. If everything comes together and our luck turns we can consolidate in the premier league. We are not even half way through the season yet. Keep the faith. championshipgull
  • Score: 0

3:49pm Tue 4 Dec 12

seagulltess says...

"Championshipgull" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.
"Championshipgull" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward. seagulltess
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Tue 4 Dec 12

tinker111 says...

championshipgull wrote:
Vegas how can we accept this is not our year when we are 8th in the table and the potential is there to go higher. If everything comes together and our luck turns we can consolidate in the premier league. We are not even half way through the season yet. Keep the faith.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUD@S
[quote][p][bold]championshipgull[/bold] wrote: Vegas how can we accept this is not our year when we are 8th in the table and the potential is there to go higher. If everything comes together and our luck turns we can consolidate in the premier league. We are not even half way through the season yet. Keep the faith.[/p][/quote]GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUD@S tinker111
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

seagulltess wrote:
"Championshipgu
ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.
I love the way people say 'face facts' without actually presenting any :-)
[quote][p][bold]seagulltess[/bold] wrote: "Championshipgu ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.[/p][/quote]I love the way people say 'face facts' without actually presenting any :-) Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Hovite says...

seagulltess wrote:
"Championshipgu
ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.
Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o)
[quote][p][bold]seagulltess[/bold] wrote: "Championshipgu ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.[/p][/quote]Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o) Hovite
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Carter_Cooldancer says...

What we do in the transfer window is key to our success this year. Success being whether we make it into the playoff's or not. An automatic promotion spot is out of reach for our squad IMO.

I would be more than happy with making the playoffs as that would be YoY progress but unfortunately we just don't have the quality in depth to be a top 3/4 side. We are three players short IMO.

Kuszack, El Abd, Bridge, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Buckley and CMS are all strong and worthy of their place in any championship side pushing for league honours but everyone else including Dobbie, Hoskins, Lopez, Hammond, Crofts, Dunk, Dicker, LuaLua, Adgestein, Calderon and Harley are not good enough. Most are decent squad players but to finish in the top spots we need 11 strong players.

Net result - two kissing for January. One striker and one midfielder (creative/playmaker)
. Surprise surprise I hear you say. That's what Gus and everyone has been saying for 12 months.
What we do in the transfer window is key to our success this year. Success being whether we make it into the playoff's or not. An automatic promotion spot is out of reach for our squad IMO. I would be more than happy with making the playoffs as that would be YoY progress but unfortunately we just don't have the quality in depth to be a top 3/4 side. We are three players short IMO. Kuszack, El Abd, Bridge, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Buckley and CMS are all strong and worthy of their place in any championship side pushing for league honours but everyone else including Dobbie, Hoskins, Lopez, Hammond, Crofts, Dunk, Dicker, LuaLua, Adgestein, Calderon and Harley are not good enough. Most are decent squad players but to finish in the top spots we need 11 strong players. Net result - two kissing for January. One striker and one midfielder (creative/playmaker) . Surprise surprise I hear you say. That's what Gus and everyone has been saying for 12 months. Carter_Cooldancer
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Tue 4 Dec 12

championshipgull says...

Hovite wrote:
seagulltess wrote:
"Championshipgu

ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.
Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o)
Oh think I’ve trolled the trolls earlier Hovite. . I am going to have to be more positive in future. We missed knocking out the saints in the play-offs last year. Be good to KO palarse this year instead.
[quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seagulltess[/bold] wrote: "Championshipgu ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.[/p][/quote]Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o)[/p][/quote]Oh think I’ve trolled the trolls earlier Hovite. . I am going to have to be more positive in future. We missed knocking out the saints in the play-offs last year. Be good to KO palarse this year instead. championshipgull
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Tue 4 Dec 12

ballantrrae says...

Carter_Cooldancer wrote:
What we do in the transfer window is key to our success this year. Success being whether we make it into the playoff's or not. An automatic promotion spot is out of reach for our squad IMO.

I would be more than happy with making the playoffs as that would be YoY progress but unfortunately we just don't have the quality in depth to be a top 3/4 side. We are three players short IMO.

Kuszack, El Abd, Bridge, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Buckley and CMS are all strong and worthy of their place in any championship side pushing for league honours but everyone else including Dobbie, Hoskins, Lopez, Hammond, Crofts, Dunk, Dicker, LuaLua, Adgestein, Calderon and Harley are not good enough. Most are decent squad players but to finish in the top spots we need 11 strong players.

Net result - two kissing for January. One striker and one midfielder (creative/playmaker)

. Surprise surprise I hear you say. That's what Gus and everyone has been saying for 12 months.
Surprised you haven't included another CB/Defender on your signings wish list Carter_Cooldancer especially in our current predicament.
Another quality Defender is needed not least because the contracts of a number of players eg GG and Calde end in the summer and Bridge's loan expires.
[quote][p][bold]Carter_Cooldancer[/bold] wrote: What we do in the transfer window is key to our success this year. Success being whether we make it into the playoff's or not. An automatic promotion spot is out of reach for our squad IMO. I would be more than happy with making the playoffs as that would be YoY progress but unfortunately we just don't have the quality in depth to be a top 3/4 side. We are three players short IMO. Kuszack, El Abd, Bridge, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Buckley and CMS are all strong and worthy of their place in any championship side pushing for league honours but everyone else including Dobbie, Hoskins, Lopez, Hammond, Crofts, Dunk, Dicker, LuaLua, Adgestein, Calderon and Harley are not good enough. Most are decent squad players but to finish in the top spots we need 11 strong players. Net result - two kissing for January. One striker and one midfielder (creative/playmaker) . Surprise surprise I hear you say. That's what Gus and everyone has been saying for 12 months.[/p][/quote]Surprised you haven't included another CB/Defender on your signings wish list Carter_Cooldancer especially in our current predicament. Another quality Defender is needed not least because the contracts of a number of players eg GG and Calde end in the summer and Bridge's loan expires. ballantrrae
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Hovite says...

championshipgull wrote:
Hovite wrote:
seagulltess wrote:
"Championshipgu


ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.
Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o)
Oh think I’ve trolled the trolls earlier Hovite. . I am going to have to be more positive in future. We missed knocking out the saints in the play-offs last year. Be good to KO palarse this year instead.
I was actually suggesting seagulltess do the prematch talk, sarcastically of course.

The season is only over when it’s mathematically impossible. Last year we were in it until almost the last game and we weren’t even playing well.

I’m with you on this champ.
[quote][p][bold]championshipgull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seagulltess[/bold] wrote: "Championshipgu ll" We are where we are because of a fit squad only. With the injuries we now have there is no way that we will be able to stay there. Just face facts and accept that this year is about staying in the Championship; nothing more. Then maybe next season we can push forward.[/p][/quote]Maybe they should hire you for the prematch motivational team chat ;o)[/p][/quote]Oh think I’ve trolled the trolls earlier Hovite. . I am going to have to be more positive in future. We missed knocking out the saints in the play-offs last year. Be good to KO palarse this year instead.[/p][/quote]I was actually suggesting seagulltess do the prematch talk, sarcastically of course. The season is only over when it’s mathematically impossible. Last year we were in it until almost the last game and we weren’t even playing well. I’m with you on this champ. Hovite
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Gee Jay says...

Sorry for Orlandi, he was just beginning to hit the right level, and now this setback. Same as happened to Hosko after pre-season.
But, as Gus has said, these are opportunities for others to claim, and try to keep their place.
We could do with a Calderon 'special' on Saturday at Charlton, like the one he scored there two seasons ago.
UTA
Sorry for Orlandi, he was just beginning to hit the right level, and now this setback. Same as happened to Hosko after pre-season. But, as Gus has said, these are opportunities for others to claim, and try to keep their place. We could do with a Calderon 'special' on Saturday at Charlton, like the one he scored there two seasons ago. UTA Gee Jay
  • Score: 0

6:33pm Tue 4 Dec 12

VegasSeagull says...

I am not sure that we will do much business come january, unless it's players going out, and even that might not happen.
Of course our position in the table will be the deciding factor, if we have a chance of the playoffs it could be that we go for it but I am not confident we will.

So many on here, even the ultra positive posters, all agree that we are two or three players short of promotion but it is now that we are facing so many important injuries and we don't have those two or three players.

People like to talk about, 'facts,' well a 'fact,' is that even our best players can't head a ball when in front of goal, the number of short corners we take is an indicator of that, well at least it is to me. I doubt too many would say that it is not a, 'fact,' that we need a holdup player come striker up front. It is certainly a, 'fact,' that we are short one quality center back if only to cover for injuries.

If I were to state as a, 'fact,' that when playing in the prem division you need eleven players on the park that are of prem division quality, would that be wrong? Would it not also be a, 'fact,' that those on the bench would also have to be of the same quality?
Not a fact but my honest opinion, we don't have thos eplayers, at best, IMHO, we have maybe six in total, and one of them is on loan to us.
Southampton's situation might suggest that it's possible to buy three or four prem quality p[ayers when promotion comes but the money just isn't there to buy 75% of a squad capable of playing at that level.

Consolidate this year and build next year.
.
I am not sure that we will do much business come january, unless it's players going out, and even that might not happen. Of course our position in the table will be the deciding factor, if we have a chance of the playoffs it could be that we go for it but I am not confident we will. So many on here, even the ultra positive posters, all agree that we are two or three players short of promotion but it is now that we are facing so many important injuries and we don't have those two or three players. People like to talk about, 'facts,' well a 'fact,' is that even our best players can't head a ball when in front of goal, the number of short corners we take is an indicator of that, well at least it is to me. I doubt too many would say that it is not a, 'fact,' that we need a holdup player come striker up front. It is certainly a, 'fact,' that we are short one quality center back if only to cover for injuries. If I were to state as a, 'fact,' that when playing in the prem division you need eleven players on the park that are of prem division quality, would that be wrong? Would it not also be a, 'fact,' that those on the bench would also have to be of the same quality? Not a fact but my honest opinion, we don't have thos eplayers, at best, IMHO, we have maybe six in total, and one of them is on loan to us. Southampton's situation might suggest that it's possible to buy three or four prem quality p[ayers when promotion comes but the money just isn't there to buy 75% of a squad capable of playing at that level. Consolidate this year and build next year. . VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Seagull John says...

Bob! wrote:
Shame about Spanish Andy,
still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position.
Eh? What on earth have you seen in Dobbie that could possibly make you think he's the ideal replacement in Orlandi's position?
[quote][p][bold]Bob![/bold] wrote: Shame about Spanish Andy, still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position.[/p][/quote]Eh? What on earth have you seen in Dobbie that could possibly make you think he's the ideal replacement in Orlandi's position? Seagull John
  • Score: 0

7:44pm Tue 4 Dec 12

VegasSeagull says...

Seagull John wrote:
Bob! wrote: Shame about Spanish Andy, still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position.
Eh? What on earth have you seen in Dobbie that could possibly make you think he's the ideal replacement in Orlandi's position?
John if you think about it it's not that crazy. If we look at the choices to replace him it probably comes down to Dobbie, David or Lua Lua.
David has had very little game time, Lua Lua had to have a, mental approach test, before the last game, how crazy is that. Dobbie has at least seen some game time and he has been almost kept match fit by playing in a friendly.

I would guess that the midfield will be Bridcutt Hammond, Crofts and Buckley with Barnes or Dobbie behind CMS.
[quote][p][bold]Seagull John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bob![/bold] wrote: Shame about Spanish Andy, still, hopefully that will give Dobbie the opportunity to play in a similar position.[/p][/quote]Eh? What on earth have you seen in Dobbie that could possibly make you think he's the ideal replacement in Orlandi's position?[/p][/quote]John if you think about it it's not that crazy. If we look at the choices to replace him it probably comes down to Dobbie, David or Lua Lua. David has had very little game time, Lua Lua had to have a, mental approach test, before the last game, how crazy is that. Dobbie has at least seen some game time and he has been almost kept match fit by playing in a friendly. I would guess that the midfield will be Bridcutt Hammond, Crofts and Buckley with Barnes or Dobbie behind CMS. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

9:35pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Eddy B says...

Shame about Orlandi as he was looking good. But we have got a whole squad full of midfielders so there should be cover and if there isn't then something went wrong in the transfer window. Orlandi's absence should give an opening for David or Dobbie, or maybe Crofts although would rather not see Crofts and Hammond together. What about Dicker, is he injured?
Shame about Orlandi as he was looking good. But we have got a whole squad full of midfielders so there should be cover and if there isn't then something went wrong in the transfer window. Orlandi's absence should give an opening for David or Dobbie, or maybe Crofts although would rather not see Crofts and Hammond together. What about Dicker, is he injured? Eddy B
  • Score: 0

10:36pm Tue 4 Dec 12

ADS_BRAKES says...

Bucket feet Duffy wrote:
GovindaTim wrote: I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks.
If you have ever had a broken rib (which I have) the problem is that you struggle to breath without pain walking even after 4 weeks it still is uncomfortable to relieve the pain so any type of physical exercise is difficult up to then. Obviously the level of physio treatments available will improve the situation but I think Gus has this about right.IMO
I would have thought that is quite obvious. Your lungs are kept in your ribcage. So, a break of a rib is highly likely to affect lung capacity and comfort of breathing.
[quote][p][bold]Bucket feet Duffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GovindaTim[/bold] wrote: I dont understand how a broken rib means that he will be back to square one fitness wise after 6 weeks. He can still maintain basic fitness levels, it would only be match fitness lacking. A rib heals in 2 - 3 weeks and light jogging, gym work etc can be carried out after 2 weeks. I would expect him back and playing after 6 weeks.[/p][/quote]If you have ever had a broken rib (which I have) the problem is that you struggle to breath without pain walking even after 4 weeks it still is uncomfortable to relieve the pain so any type of physical exercise is difficult up to then. Obviously the level of physio treatments available will improve the situation but I think Gus has this about right.IMO[/p][/quote]I would have thought that is quite obvious. Your lungs are kept in your ribcage. So, a break of a rib is highly likely to affect lung capacity and comfort of breathing. ADS_BRAKES
  • Score: 0

11:29pm Tue 4 Dec 12

VegasSeagull says...

At a risk of P-ing off 90% of those on here I would suggest that a big clear out should happen as soon as possible, from the opening day of the window and thru the dark days.

Harley, Sparrow and Brezovan because they are just not up to it.

With mixed feelings and for mixed reasons, Greer, Dunk, Dicker Barnes, Vicente, Lopez, Painter and Lua Lua.

My list contains eleven that probably should go and they all come fromt he main squad, I dare say thta there are one or two fromt he DS that could also move on.

Take all these players off the wage bill as quickly as possible and then start the rebuild. Of course the rebuild would have to start as players leave but I would not replace all of them as I think we would do better with a smaller squad of better quality players.
At a risk of P-ing off 90% of those on here I would suggest that a big clear out should happen as soon as possible, from the opening day of the window and thru the dark days. Harley, Sparrow and Brezovan because they are just not up to it. With mixed feelings and for mixed reasons, Greer, Dunk, Dicker Barnes, Vicente, Lopez, Painter and Lua Lua. My list contains eleven that probably should go and they all come fromt he main squad, I dare say thta there are one or two fromt he DS that could also move on. Take all these players off the wage bill as quickly as possible and then start the rebuild. Of course the rebuild would have to start as players leave but I would not replace all of them as I think we would do better with a smaller squad of better quality players. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

11:33pm Tue 4 Dec 12

VegasSeagull says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
At a risk of P-ing off 90% of those on here I would suggest that a big clear out should happen as soon as possible, from the opening day of the window and thru the dark days. Harley, Sparrow and Brezovan because they are just not up to it. With mixed feelings and for mixed reasons, Greer, Dunk, Dicker Barnes, Vicente, Lopez, Painter and Lua Lua. My list contains eleven that probably should go and they all come fromt he main squad, I dare say thta there are one or two fromt he DS that could also move on. Take all these players off the wage bill as quickly as possible and then start the rebuild. Of course the rebuild would have to start as players leave but I would not replace all of them as I think we would do better with a smaller squad of better quality players.
my typing is terrible.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: At a risk of P-ing off 90% of those on here I would suggest that a big clear out should happen as soon as possible, from the opening day of the window and thru the dark days. Harley, Sparrow and Brezovan because they are just not up to it. With mixed feelings and for mixed reasons, Greer, Dunk, Dicker Barnes, Vicente, Lopez, Painter and Lua Lua. My list contains eleven that probably should go and they all come fromt he main squad, I dare say thta there are one or two fromt he DS that could also move on. Take all these players off the wage bill as quickly as possible and then start the rebuild. Of course the rebuild would have to start as players leave but I would not replace all of them as I think we would do better with a smaller squad of better quality players.[/p][/quote]my typing is terrible. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree