Reds confident of beating the weather this time

First published in Sport by

Crawley are confident of completing their much-delayed FA Cup tie tomorrow – especially if rain holds off on matchday.

Reds are due to face Bristol Rovers in a second round replay which has already been abandoned and postponed due to wet weather.

Chief executive Michael Dunford believes the game can beat the elements this time, especially if the weather is kind tomorrow.

He said today: “At the moment we are confident that the game will go ahead on Wednesday night.

"There are no guarantees of course because of the weather but the forecasts for Wednesday indicate it will be dry and, if that is the case, we don't envisage any problems.”

Reds will check the pitch again tomorrow, with rain forecast overnight.

But Dunford added: “As it stands we think the game will be on."

Newly signed Matt Tubbs is not eligible for Reds, who also have Billy Clarke suspended.

The winners will go to Birmingham in the third round with the victors at St Andrew’s then hosting Swansea.

Reds have slashed ticket prices tomorrow to £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree