Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
FA Cup hero misses Amex trip after cruel injury blow
Wigan have lost the services of FA Cup hero Ben Watson for their trip to the Amex – and the rest of the season.
The Latics have confirmed their star midfielder sustained a double leg fracture in last night’s win over Barnsley.
It is the second time he has suffered a broken leg in 18 months and his cruel injury overshadowed a 2-0 victory which nudged his side above Albion and into seventh place in the table.
The Seagulls host Wigan in the Championship on Saturday.
Watson famously scored the winner for Wigan in the FA Cup final last season.
Latics boss Uwe Rosler said: “To lose a player and a person of Ben’s quality is a big blow to us but we will re-group and move on as a squad and keep trying to achieve our goals for the season, with the added incentive now of doing it for Ben.”
- Stockdale targets quick return to top flight with Albion
- Hyypia's fellow Finn plays part in Stockdale capture
- Albion sign Premier League keeper
- Albion target hoping for United chance
- Hyypia keeps his cool - but he admits 'it’s not an ideal situation'
Comments are closed on this article.