Wigan have lost the services of FA Cup hero Ben Watson for their trip to the Amex – and the rest of the season.
The Latics have confirmed their star midfielder sustained a double leg fracture in last night’s win over Barnsley.
It is the second time he has suffered a broken leg in 18 months and his cruel injury overshadowed a 2-0 victory which nudged his side above Albion and into seventh place in the table.
The Seagulls host Wigan in the Championship on Saturday.
Watson famously scored the winner for Wigan in the FA Cup final last season.
Latics boss Uwe Rosler said: “To lose a player and a person of Ben’s quality is a big blow to us but we will re-group and move on as a squad and keep trying to achieve our goals for the season, with the added incentive now of doing it for Ben.”
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home