Oscar Garcia admitted Albion blew a big chance to beat play-off rivals Wigan today.
The Seagulls went down 2-1, despite creating plenty of chances.
Oscar felt they should have taken at least two more of their opportunities to go with Lee Ulloa’s left-foot strike.
The Albion head coach, asked if he felt his side needed to be more clinical, said: “When you have more than 20 chances and you score only one goal and the opposition had only two and they scored only two goals, then you can explain the game with this aspect of football.
“I don’t know (how many they should have scored). One more than two to win the game to be sure because we fully deserved to win.
“We had 60-65% of possession, we had more than 20 chances to score.
“We dominated the whole game.
“In the first half we played the best game of the season but if you don’t score it is impossible to win.”
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan