Former Albion target Joe Mason is racing to be fit to face the club who wanted him.
The Cardiff City striker on loan to Bolton is an early doubt for their home game against the Seagulls on Saturday.
Mason missed Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at Derby through illness.
He now has an ear infection and could be ruled out of a second game.
Mason, who was interesting Albion in January, has been a big hit alongside fellow loanee Lukas Jutkiewicz at the Reebok.
Boss Dougie Freedman switched to a 4-5-1 set-up at Derby in his absence.
He could opt to do that again, even if Mason is fit.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Banya on target as Crawley end losing streak
- Ashdown and Rose handed Crawley debuts
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title