Matt Upson’s proud appearance record for Albion was today ended by illness.
The former England centre-back misses the Championship game at Bolton.
It is the first league match he has missed since signing for the Seagulls almost 14 months ago.
He featured in all 18 league matches after signing on loan last term and making his debut at Shefffield Wednesday on February 2.
Having signed on a more permanent basis in the summer, he has played all 34 league matches before today – making 52 out of 52 in the Championship.
He has shared in an astonishing 25 clean sheets in those games.
Upson also played in both play-off matches last term and three FA Cup games this season.
He was rested for the Capital One Cup defeat by Newport and the FA Cup third round win over Reading this term.
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home