Will Buckley admits there is no escaping the pressure as Albion chase a play-off place.
But he is happy to shoulder the responsibility ahead of the home game against Middlesbrough.
The winger says no one puts more pressure on the Seagulls’ players than themselves in the quest for home wins.
Today’s visit from mid-table Boro is followed by games at the Amex against two sides fighting against relegation – Charlton and Yeovil – and another, Blackpool, who look to be edging to safety.
Buckley said: “It’s going to be difficult but the teams we are playing at home are probably more the bottom half teams and we need to take advantage of that.
“I think we put pressure on ourselves anyway to win the home games.
“With the two defeats (against Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday) and looking like we need a win to keep us in there, it’s going to be big.”
Read Will Buckley on how Albion reacted to midweek misery at Hillsborough in our five-page Albion v Boro preview in The Argus today
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home
- Essam's departure makes room for Crawley to strengthen
- McLeod will bounce back after his penalty miss