Kuszczak calls for rapid return to form to keep Albion in contention

Tomasz Kuszczak warns Albion must buck their ideas up quickly

Tomasz Kuszczak warns Albion must buck their ideas up quickly

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

Tomasz Kuszczak has admitted Albion's chances of reaching the play-offs will slip away unless they rediscover their form this week.

The Seagulls play their game in hand at Blackburn tomorrow night and then go to Barnsley on Saturday after losing to Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough.

Keeper Kuszczak told The Argus: "Everyone needs to know the chance is slipping. Another one or two games like that and we are going to be far away."

Albion face three more games in the next week, including away to Leicester next Tuesday, and seven in 25 days in April in total after seven in 29 days in March.

Kuszczak said: "It's not easy because the amount of games we play now is incredible. We play so many games every two or three days that the biggest issue is after the game.

"Myself, mentally and physically, you feel the games because you are playing so many of them. Barely have you finished one than you start another.

"Many teams around us are doing exactly the same. You have to get back to scoring goals and being focused. We have started to be a little bit sloppy and that's where we lose points. We have to re-start the engines quickly and get back to the right habit."

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:05pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Beethoven says...

"Sloppy" indeed , based on what we saw on Saturday.

But we know that we can and no doubt will do better again...I believe that Tuesday can be the start, and a confidence builder .

ALBION FOREVER !!
"Sloppy" indeed , based on what we saw on Saturday. But we know that we can and no doubt will do better again...I believe that Tuesday can be the start, and a confidence builder . ALBION FOREVER !! Beethoven
  • Score: 4

4:41pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Joel'sGrandad says...

We're not out of it by a long chalk but we MUST get a result tomorrow if we want to stay in contention. We need to get back to winning ways and then stay consistent until the end of the season. We can do it. UTA
We're not out of it by a long chalk but we MUST get a result tomorrow if we want to stay in contention. We need to get back to winning ways and then stay consistent until the end of the season. We can do it. UTA Joel'sGrandad
  • Score: 5

4:47pm Mon 31 Mar 14

graham w says...

I have to say saturdays performance was abysmal. ..lingard was unlucky with his curler his other attempt caskey got in his way.useless andrews put a teed up shot past near post, joses pen was dreadful , poor lua, well what can you say about his attempt... the side is now so lacking in confidence, ward is the only crosser of the ball , we need orlandi &Stephens and cms back quickley....
I have to say saturdays performance was abysmal. ..lingard was unlucky with his curler his other attempt caskey got in his way.useless andrews put a teed up shot past near post, joses pen was dreadful , poor lua, well what can you say about his attempt... the side is now so lacking in confidence, ward is the only crosser of the ball , we need orlandi &Stephens and cms back quickley.... graham w
  • Score: 1

5:17pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Willie, Willie Irvine says...

Oscar will probably want to stick another couple of defenders in the team after recent goals against...!

Sorry, but I suspect there'll be more bad news tomorrow night.
Oscar will probably want to stick another couple of defenders in the team after recent goals against...! Sorry, but I suspect there'll be more bad news tomorrow night. Willie, Willie Irvine
  • Score: -3

6:05pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Portlock Seagull says...

We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz

Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball.

Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!!
We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball. Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!! Portlock Seagull
  • Score: 0

6:32pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Brighton Scot says...

Ok guys time for a team boost next 2games will bring us 6 points the team feels like it's letting the fans down which it has but they will fight to give us what we want, happy days . All for one and One for all.
Ok guys time for a team boost next 2games will bring us 6 points the team feels like it's letting the fans down which it has but they will fight to give us what we want, happy days . All for one and One for all. Brighton Scot
  • Score: 4

7:14pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Portlock Seagull wrote:
We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz

Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball.

Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!!
It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in.

This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are.
[quote][p][bold]Portlock Seagull[/bold] wrote: We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball. Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!![/p][/quote]It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in. This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 5

9:31pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Portlock Seagull says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Portlock Seagull wrote:
We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz

Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball.

Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!!
It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in.

This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are.
If you hit the corner flag and that bounces over the line then that's a statistic shot on goal too!

Use your eyes and stop quoting the stats - any fool knows they're lies lies and damned lies. We had long periods for autumns 11 and 12 where our 'attack' was AWOL. And plenty of games this season where not tested the keeper. Even our wins are 1-nils. Dull dull dull.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Portlock Seagull[/bold] wrote: We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball. Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!![/p][/quote]It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in. This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are.[/p][/quote]If you hit the corner flag and that bounces over the line then that's a statistic shot on goal too! Use your eyes and stop quoting the stats - any fool knows they're lies lies and damned lies. We had long periods for autumns 11 and 12 where our 'attack' was AWOL. And plenty of games this season where not tested the keeper. Even our wins are 1-nils. Dull dull dull. Portlock Seagull
  • Score: -3

11:46pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Portlock Seagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Portlock Seagull wrote:
We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz

Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball.

Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!!
It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in.

This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are.
If you hit the corner flag and that bounces over the line then that's a statistic shot on goal too!

Use your eyes and stop quoting the stats - any fool knows they're lies lies and damned lies. We had long periods for autumns 11 and 12 where our 'attack' was AWOL. And plenty of games this season where not tested the keeper. Even our wins are 1-nils. Dull dull dull.
Lots or people, including you, have claimed we are too defensive and don't have enough attempts on goal. I proved we were having enough attempts. Whether those are on target is irrelevant to the particular question I was answering

If you looked at the stats you'll see it is broken down into shots, % of those shots on target, and % of those on-target-shots going in. It is in the 2nd and 3rd categories we are letting ourselves down, but don't try and claim the team are "forgetting you need to shoot at the goal" when you know that's total BS.

The only people who dismiss stats as "lies" are those without the wit or intelligence to understand them or the underlying data. Read the data, then make your own mind up, but don't pretend they don't exist just because they don't fit with your world view.
[quote][p][bold]Portlock Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Portlock Seagull[/bold] wrote: We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball. Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!![/p][/quote]It's amazing how widespread myth has become that we don't create chances. One more per shot per match and we'd be second in the division for attempts at goal. It's not that we're not having efforts, it's that they're not going in. This is why OG uses the stats - it helps show where there real problems are.[/p][/quote]If you hit the corner flag and that bounces over the line then that's a statistic shot on goal too! Use your eyes and stop quoting the stats - any fool knows they're lies lies and damned lies. We had long periods for autumns 11 and 12 where our 'attack' was AWOL. And plenty of games this season where not tested the keeper. Even our wins are 1-nils. Dull dull dull.[/p][/quote]Lots or people, including you, have claimed we are too defensive and don't have enough attempts on goal. I proved we were having enough attempts. Whether those are on target is irrelevant to the particular question I was answering If you looked at the stats you'll see it is broken down into shots, % of those shots on target, and % of those on-target-shots going in. It is in the 2nd and 3rd categories we are letting ourselves down, but don't try and claim the team are "forgetting you need to shoot at the goal" when you know that's total BS. The only people who dismiss stats as "lies" are those without the wit or intelligence to understand them or the underlying data. Read the data, then make your own mind up, but don't pretend they don't exist just because they don't fit with your world view. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 4

4:10am Tue 1 Apr 14

The Bosch says...

Portlock Seagull wrote:
We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz

Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball.

Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!!
Outstanding post from a real fan that really goes to games.Ex-pat goes to just one game all season and it thinks it can tell thousands of fans that walked out the ground on saturday after paying good money to watch that dire rubbish its fun.LOL
[quote][p][bold]Portlock Seagull[/bold] wrote: We are duller to watch than the Priestfield days. Not to be confused with bad. But duller, yes. Sideways sideways, slow slow stop slow slow zzzzzzz Boring and Hove Albion - have been for a long time. The shot shy seagulls have been for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. These spells of no goals or even no efforts on goal have been alarmingly frequent in recent seasons. Are players getting too comfortable with tippy tappy football and forgetting you need to shoot at the goal rather than just keep the ball. Won't be long before opposition teams drop 2nd keeper from sub bench. They don't need the one on the pitch most of the time!! Ouch!![/p][/quote]Outstanding post from a real fan that really goes to games.Ex-pat goes to just one game all season and it thinks it can tell thousands of fans that walked out the ground on saturday after paying good money to watch that dire rubbish its fun.LOL The Bosch
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree