Nathan Jones has revealed how Albion were told not to waste their great work at Leicester.
The Seagulls built on their 4-1 success at the leaders by beating Charlton 3-0 today.
Their two wins in less than a week have taken them into the top six.
Albion’s assistant head coach said: “Those are the exact words we used – let’s make sure we don’t waste the result and the performance we had against a promoted side.
“Let’s not falter here at home.
“It was a great opportunity today, with Reading playing on Monday, to get into top six and we did that.
“I thought we came out of the traps and the players were fantastic. All credit to them.
“It was a fantastic atmosphere, with nearly 29,000 here today and, for a Championship club that is outstanding.”
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Football round-up: Hillians go top, Bognor claim first win
- Gregory delighted to get back to winning ways
- Banya on target as Crawley end losing streak