Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Albion and Charlton pay silent tribute
Players and supporters today paid silent tribute to the 96 fans who died at Hillsborough.
Matches across the country, including Albion’s 3-0 win over Charlton, kicked off at 3.07pm to mark the 25th anniversary of the tragedy.
Liverpool’s anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone played out around the Amex just before the teams came out and was applauded at the end by many fans.
Teams and supporters stood at 3.06pm – the time the tragic FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest was cut short in 1989 – for a minute’s silence.
Apart from a small group who seemed to take a few seconds to realise what was happening, the silence was impeccably observed by a crowd of almost 29,000.
- Stockdale targets quick return to top flight with Albion
- Hyypia's fellow Finn plays part in Stockdale capture
- Albion sign Premier League keeper
- Albion target hoping for United chance
- Hyypia keeps his cool - but he admits 'it’s not an ideal situation'
Comments are closed on this article.