Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Albion have one less rival to worry about in the play-off race
2:10pm Saturday 26th April 2014 in Sport
Albion have removed another rival from the fight to finish in the play-offs.
A 1-0 defeat for Ipswich at promoted Burnley today means Mick McCarthy's side cannot catch the Seagulls.
They are four points adrift with a game to go.
Former Albion striker Ashley Barnes gave his old club a helping hand. He initiated the move which led to Michael Kightly's 54th minute breakthrough for Burnley.
Bournemouth dropped out of the race last night when Albion beat Yeovil 2-0 at the Amex.
Reading, last day hosts Nottingham Forest, Blackburn and Watford are now the only teams capable of finishing above the Seagulls. They are all in action in 3pm kick-offs.
- Albion target still a Corker for now
- UPDATED: Bid accepted for full-back linked with Albion
- Buckley admits Sunderland's interest distracted him at Albion
- New boy Bennett reckons he can be just right for Albion
- Calderon spells it out for Bolton clash
Comments are closed on this article.