Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Proctor: We're in dark on futures
Jamie Proctor admits Crawley’s out of contract players are still in the dark regarding their futures.
Proctor is one of 12 players whose deal runs out at the end of the season and has yet to be offered new terms.
The striker, who scored his sixth goal of the season at Bradford on Saturday, is keen to stay at the Checkatrade.com Stadium but is aware he may have to accept a pay cut to do so.
Proctor said: “Nothing has been said to me about what is going to be happening. I don’t think anything been sorted with any of the other lads either so over the next week or so I’m guessing there will be talks.
“Every player wants to get offered a new deal but it is out of my hands I suppose. It is up to the gaffer and the people above him what is available and who they want to keep.
“Most clubs at our level will be looking to not spend as much money (on contracts) as they are doing so I’ve just got to see if anything is put in front of me and go from there.”
Proctor believes the majority of Crawley’s out of contract players will want to stay at the club and is confident Reds can mount a play-off challenge next year with a few reinforcements.
The former Swansea striker added: “I have enjoyed myself here and I think most of the lads would want to stick together as a group.
“We just fell short last year and even though we have not finished as strongly this season we have got a squad where we can be a top team.
“We have beaten all the top teams and that is not a coincidence so if we can keep the squad together and get a couple of players in then we’ve got something to build on.”
Comments are closed on this article.