Leo Ulloa admits Albion left it very late to make the play-offs - and that made it all the more special.
The Seagulls’ top scorer struck in added time to grab the win his side needed to pip Reading to sixth spot.
Albion were out of the play-off places for the vast majority of a dramatic afternoon.
But they made their move when it mattered most.
Ulloa said: “I’m happy for the team, all the people here.
“We have been working all year to have a chance to get into the play-offs and we have managed it.
“I don’t know if we deserve a play-off place more or less than Reading do.
“But we did things well, we worked hard. I’m happy.
“The important thing is we got there.
“I didn’t really worry about Reading because I always felt we would have to win the match and then see what happened.
“Yes, we won right at the end. But I think you enjoy that more because it is so nerve-racking.”
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home