Albion are confident of making a “very high calibre” appointment as they hunt a replacement for Oscar Garcia.
Chairman Tony Bloom is drawing up a shortlist as he prepares to make his third managerial appointment.
But the Seagulls have told fans they will take their time appointing a new boss after the Spaniard’s resignation on Monday.
Tim Sherwood last night remained the bookies’ odds-on favourite for the job having parted company with Tottenham earlier in the day. Malky Mackay is also a possible target.
Chief executive Paul Barber refused to comment on specific names.
But, in a prepared statement, he told fans: “We have been contacted by some very high calibre managers and coaches who want to work for Brighton and Hove Albion.
“It’s certainly a very good indication of just how far our club has come in a very short period of time.”
Oscar, who stepped down on Monday, returns home to Barcelona tomorrow. A source close to Oscar said he is not in contact with any potential new employers.
His former assistant Nathan Jones and head of football operations David Burke have been dealing with Albion’s retained list.
The Argus understands midfielder Andrea Orlandi is among those being let go.
The two Spanish coaches brought to the Amex by Oscar, Juan Torrijo and Ruben Martinez, remain at the club.
Barber said the new boss would be known as first team manager but would play the same role as head coach Oscar.
He added: “Once the legal proceedings had concluded last summer, Oscar was offered the title of manager – as his role and responsibilities were the same as the previous manager’s – but Oscar chose to retain his original title of head coach.
“The new position will also be the same role and have the same responsibilities as Oscar but, to avoid any ambiguity, we will revert to the title of manager.”