Albion have snapped up Switzerland under-21 midfielder Nzuzi Toko on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old will officially sign for three years on July 1 when his deal with Swiss runners-up Grasshoppers expires.
He completed a medical at the Amex today.
Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom revealed the deal had been put in place before the season ended.
He said: "We concluded a deal to sign Toko before their season and ours had ended.
"Now that Toko has completed the season at Grasshoppers Zurich we are delighted to welcome him to Brighton and Hove Albion."
- Albion prospect Connolly leads the Euro goal chart - after putting football before hurling
- Albion winger has the world at his feet
- Injuries open door for young batsmen to shine at Sussex
- Hawks throw away so much good work - and now they are back in a relegation scrap
- Albion ace Kayal battles his way back again from surgery