Eastbourne boss Trevor Geer has told of his delight at Grand Prix recognition for one of his improving riders.
Mikkel Michelsen has been called up as first reserve for the Danish GP at Parken in Copenhagen on Saturday, June 28.
The selection does not rule him out of an Eagles meeting. They are not in action that day and host Poole on the following Monday.
Geer, whose side’s meeting at Belle Vue last night was washed out shortly before tapes-up, said: “I know Mikkel was very pleased with the news – and I’m delighted for him.”
Cameron Woodward misses Belle Vue’s trip to Arlington this Saturday due to a GP qualifier.
Eagles asset Simon Gustafsson, now on loan at Swindon, comes in as guest.
Aces must find guests for both Craig Cook and Matej Zagar, who are also in the qualifying meeting.
Meanwhile Eastbourne have noted, but are unlikely to lodge a complaint about, Patrick Hougaard’s impressive paid-14 for Polish track Bydgoszcz on Sunday.
The meeting was staged less than 24 hours after Leicester tracked high-scoring King’s Lynn star Rory Schlein as guest for Hougaard, who had declared himself injured, at Arlington.
- Albion Analysis: Best away performance since Bonfire Night douses promotion fears
- Hughton thanks fans as Albion celebrate at Oakwell
- No protest from Albion's Baldock over diving booking
- Stockdale delighted to see Albion back in great shape
- Exciting times for club and country as Perry leads Albion Women