Sami Hyypia is introduced as Albion’s new manager today.
And the ‘unveiling’ – as these occasions are often called – might bring back a few memories.
Do you remember the formal arrival of the managers we have recalled here?
Today’s event is the first to take place at the new training ground in Lancing.
Often, they have been conducted at The Grand hotel on Brighton seafront.
Gus Poyet had an impressive backdrop as he spoke to reporters at the last such occasion for Albion, in November 2009.
Micky Adams was also at The Grand ten years previously.
He then made a good impression by attending a fans’ event and showing his support for their campaign for a stadium in Falmer.
Nine years later, Adams was spotted climbing the back staircase to Albion’s rather basic hospitality suite at Withdean to meet reporters before his second stint.
Mid-season unveilings are often done at the training ground. That was the case with Steve Coppell, who attracted quite a few reporters in 2002.
Russell Slade (not pictured here) did interviews on a Friday morning before preparing his team – with five new signings in the starting XI – for a match at Leyton Orient in 2009.
- All set up for Albion to win title at the Amex after Newcastle victory
- Knockaert has seen this script before, now he is ready to grab title
- Beating the Toon to the title would be a Premier League tonic for Albion
- Tough field for Konta at Eastbourne
- Albion striker has never been relegated and doesn't intend to start now