Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bayer attacked with pace, now can Albion follow suit? With video
Sami Hyypia likes his teams to counter-attack at pace.
And Bayer Leverkusen offered a few examples of that as they surged into second place in the Bundesliga in the first half of last season.
Have a look at these goals from the opening 17 games.
A significant proportion came at the end of rapid attacks from deep.
The Argus reported on Monday how Hyypia likes to play the game.
And he backed that report up himself today when he told reporters he was not overly worried by possession percentages but that he wanted his men to counter-attack more quickly than last season.
Leverkusen averaged a 50% share of possession in the Bundesliga last season.
But they led the division in counter-attack goals with 11.
- Talking Point: No blame game needed for Ulloa move
- Hyypia in race for signings
- Tredwell spins Sussex to rare double over Warwickshire
- Tredwell spins Sussex to the brink of victory
- Jordan's burst has Sussex scenting victory at Horsham
Comments are closed on this article.