Crawley appear to have sealed a deal to sign defender Sonny Bradley from Portsmouth.
Reds boss John Gregory expects to make the 22-year-old centre back his fifth signing of the summer today.
Bradley made 39 appearances for Pompey last season after joining on a free transfer from Hull City and will join Brian Jensen, Lanre Oyebanjo, Ryan Dickson and Jimmy Smith in signing for the Reds since the end of the season.
Crawley are also closing in on the signature of Port Vale striker Gavin Tomlin, above, after missing out on bringing Matt Tubbs back to the Checkatrade.com Stadium.
Tomlin is understood to be keen to leave Vale Park after an injury-disrupted season which saw him score six times in 28 games and has turned down a return to former club Southend.
Gregory stepped up his attempts to sign Tomlin, 31, after Tubbs rejected the chance to rejoin Crawley to complete a season-long loan move to AFC Wimbledon from Bournemouth yesterday – a move which was first reported in The Argus last Thursday.
- Albion clinch Al-Habsi to replace unlucky Stockdale
- Show of support from Wigan for Albion's new No.1
- UPDATED: Albion linked with swoop for keeper
- Cherries keeper Camp poised for chance to frustrate Seagulls again
- Hyypia needs a goalscorer to fill Ulloa's boots