Albion’s two Scottish internationals put them on course to beat opponents from north of the border today.
Craig Mackail-Smith and Gordon Greer both netted in the final four minutes of the first half against Partick Thistle.
A 4-0 friendly win was completed by a super second-half finishes from Shamir Fenelon and Charlie Harris.
Neither Leo Ulloa nor Kazenga LuaLua featured in the friendly in Spain.
Reasons were not specified but boss Sami Hyypia had admitted in the run-up to the game that some of his players were suffering muscle issues.
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton
- Hyypia hails keeper Walton as he earns his spurs on cup debut
- Rusk happy to see his Albion teens face new challenge