This was the moment Collins John headed Crawley ahead against Albion tonight – and possibly nudged himself closer to a contract.
The on-trial former Fulham striker nodded home from a corner in the 15th minute of tonight’s friendly between the Sussex clubs.
Reds led 1-0 at the interval.
John is hoping to secure a return to English football by signing at the Checkatrade.com Stadium.
Albion were in the wars with Gordon Greer and Inigo Calderon suffering facial knocks and Solly Match going off early in the game.
Sami Hyypia’s men had plenty of the ball and played some neat stuff at times.
But they would have been further behind without some fine saves by young keeper Christian Walton.
- Albion midfielder Sidwell wants new deal
- Talking Point: Hughton deserves to be Albion manager still in August 2018
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem