This was the moment Collins John headed Crawley ahead against Albion tonight – and possibly nudged himself closer to a contract.
The on-trial former Fulham striker nodded home from a corner in the 15th minute of tonight’s friendly between the Sussex clubs.
Reds led 1-0 at the interval.
John is hoping to secure a return to English football by signing at the Checkatrade.com Stadium.
Albion were in the wars with Gordon Greer and Inigo Calderon suffering facial knocks and Solly Match going off early in the game.
Sami Hyypia’s men had plenty of the ball and played some neat stuff at times.
But they would have been further behind without some fine saves by young keeper Christian Walton.
- Hughton: Attacking quality made the difference
- Leaders sentence Albion to a sorry end at the Amex
- Albion v Watford - from the Amex
- Dunk, Forster-Caskey return - but Macca will have to wait and hope for Amex farewell
- Ighalo gets the nod for free-scoring Watford at the Amex