Crawley have given trialist Bobson Bawling a contract after the former Watford winger impressed in pre-season.
The 18-year-old announced he had signed for Crawley yesterday, with the club confirming this morning he had signed a one-year deal
Bawling caught boss John Gregory’s eye with a series of encouraging performances in friendlies, including scoring a goal in the 10-0 victory over Oakwood.
The former Wealdstone loanee is the fourth trialist who has earned a deal at the Checkatrade.com Stadium this summer after Lewis Young, Emmett O’Connor and Dean Leacock.
Gregory said: “He is another young kid who will come and give us numbers, he’s got some good qualities.
“You can’t always go out there and sign expensive players, players who are just going to sit on the bench and get vast amount of money for doing nothing.”
Reds continue their pre-season programme by visiting Conference south champions Eastleigh tomorrow.
- Albion cash in again - thanks to Buckley
- Tea report - Six for Robinson as Sussex bowl out Warwickshire early
- Robinson claims five wickets before lunch to put Sussex in command
- Eagles happy to go with six against the champions
- Hobden urged to seize his chance