Crawley have given trialist Bobson Bawling a contract after the former Watford winger impressed in pre-season.
The 18-year-old announced he had signed for Crawley yesterday, with the club confirming this morning he had signed a one-year deal
Bawling caught boss John Gregory’s eye with a series of encouraging performances in friendlies, including scoring a goal in the 10-0 victory over Oakwood.
The former Wealdstone loanee is the fourth trialist who has earned a deal at the Checkatrade.com Stadium this summer after Lewis Young, Emmett O’Connor and Dean Leacock.
Gregory said: “He is another young kid who will come and give us numbers, he’s got some good qualities.
“You can’t always go out there and sign expensive players, players who are just going to sit on the bench and get vast amount of money for doing nothing.”
Reds continue their pre-season programme by visiting Conference south champions Eastleigh tomorrow.
- Albion snatched March from under the nose of Newcastle
- Albion determined not to 'screw it up' this time reveals Barber
- Talking Point: Right on both sides in the Dale Stephens saga
- Top whistle blower takes charge of Albion's showdown with Newcastle United
- Baldock insists all talk of the Toon tussle will be saved until after Reading game