Badminton star Heather Oliver is set to add gold or silver to Sussex's collection of Commonwealth Games medals.
But hockey ace Ashley Jackson and his colleagues will have to be satisfied with bronze at best after England were beaten today.
Olver, from Heathfield, is through to an all-English final of the mixed doubles after helping Chris Langridge win a thriller of a semi this morning.
They beat Malaysia's Chan and Pei Jing 21-15, 20-22, 21-13 and now face top seeds Chris and Gabby Adcock to decide gold.
Meanwhile England's hockey men must play off against New Zealand for bronze after losing 4-1 to Australia in their semi-final today.
England, featuring a handful of present and past East Grinstead players, were two goals down in 11 minutes.
Harry Martin replied in the second period but Chris Ciriello and Eddie Ockenden sealed Australia's win.
The bronze play-off is at 10am tomorrow.
- Video - Cardiff keeper denies Albion
- Have your say - who was Albion's man of the match against Cardiff?
- Sami Hyypia backs keeper David Stockdale
- Sorry fans! Honest Stockdale holds his hands up for 'bad decision'
- Birthday boy Bruno was going for goal