Badminton star Heather Oliver is set to add gold or silver to Sussex's collection of Commonwealth Games medals.
But hockey ace Ashley Jackson and his colleagues will have to be satisfied with bronze at best after England were beaten today.
Olver, from Heathfield, is through to an all-English final of the mixed doubles after helping Chris Langridge win a thriller of a semi this morning.
They beat Malaysia's Chan and Pei Jing 21-15, 20-22, 21-13 and now face top seeds Chris and Gabby Adcock to decide gold.
Meanwhile England's hockey men must play off against New Zealand for bronze after losing 4-1 to Australia in their semi-final today.
England, featuring a handful of present and past East Grinstead players, were two goals down in 11 minutes.
Harry Martin replied in the second period but Chris Ciriello and Eddie Ockenden sealed Australia's win.
The bronze play-off is at 10am tomorrow.
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton
- Hyypia hails keeper Walton as he earns his spurs on cup debut
- Rusk happy to see his Albion teens face new challenge