Charlie Grice had to settle for seventh place in the Commonwealth Games 1,500m final at Hampden Park.
The Brighton Phoenix runner was boxed in near the back of the field in the early stages of the race.
He managed to free himself from congestion but was not really in contention for a medal as Kenya’s Kiplagat Magut grabbed gold on the line.
Result: 1 James Kiplagat Magut (Ken) 3mins 39.31secs, 2 Ronald Kwemoi (Ken) 3:39.53, 3 Nick Willis (Nzl) 3:39.60, 4 Johan Cronje (Rsa) 3:39.65, 5 Jeffrey Riseley (Aus) 3:40.27, 6 Chris O'hare (Sco) 3:40.63, 7 Charlie Grice (Eng) 3:41.58.
- Greer admits he wouldn't have blamed fans for booing Albion
- Sussex stumble after Machan's fireworks
- Hockey: East Grinstead women win promotion to premier division
- Worcestershire fight back after Machan's fireworks
- Machan cuts loose on opening morning at Hove