Charlie Grice had to settle for seventh place in the Commonwealth Games 1,500m final at Hampden Park.
The Brighton Phoenix runner was boxed in near the back of the field in the early stages of the race.
He managed to free himself from congestion but was not really in contention for a medal as Kenya’s Kiplagat Magut grabbed gold on the line.
Result: 1 James Kiplagat Magut (Ken) 3mins 39.31secs, 2 Ronald Kwemoi (Ken) 3:39.53, 3 Nick Willis (Nzl) 3:39.60, 4 Johan Cronje (Rsa) 3:39.65, 5 Jeffrey Riseley (Aus) 3:40.27, 6 Chris O'hare (Sco) 3:40.63, 7 Charlie Grice (Eng) 3:41.58.
- Albion weigh up bid to bring back Halford
- Seagulls stopper Walton has tough time in Toulon with England
- Tickets on sale for Albion's showpiece friendly
- Sussex suffer at the hands of Malan and Stirling
- Robinson reckons England should get Beer in if he keeps performing