Charlie Grice had to settle for seventh place in the Commonwealth Games 1,500m final at Hampden Park.
The Brighton Phoenix runner was boxed in near the back of the field in the early stages of the race.
He managed to free himself from congestion but was not really in contention for a medal as Kenya’s Kiplagat Magut grabbed gold on the line.
Result: 1 James Kiplagat Magut (Ken) 3mins 39.31secs, 2 Ronald Kwemoi (Ken) 3:39.53, 3 Nick Willis (Nzl) 3:39.60, 4 Johan Cronje (Rsa) 3:39.65, 5 Jeffrey Riseley (Aus) 3:40.27, 6 Chris O'hare (Sco) 3:40.63, 7 Charlie Grice (Eng) 3:41.58.
- Cherries keeper Camp poised for chance to frustrate Seagulls again
- Hyypia needs a goalscorer to fill Ulloa's boots
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton