Charlie Grice had to settle for seventh place in the Commonwealth Games 1,500m final at Hampden Park.
The Brighton Phoenix runner was boxed in near the back of the field in the early stages of the race.
He managed to free himself from congestion but was not really in contention for a medal as Kenya’s Kiplagat Magut grabbed gold on the line.
Result: 1 James Kiplagat Magut (Ken) 3mins 39.31secs, 2 Ronald Kwemoi (Ken) 3:39.53, 3 Nick Willis (Nzl) 3:39.60, 4 Johan Cronje (Rsa) 3:39.65, 5 Jeffrey Riseley (Aus) 3:40.27, 6 Chris O'hare (Sco) 3:40.63, 7 Charlie Grice (Eng) 3:41.58.
- Hughton: No hard feelings over Norwich exit
- Albion stretch Chicksen's stay in Lancashire
- Greer's club form key to Euro 2016 hopes
- Albion's April form could make fools of Norwich
- Hillians on the brink of title