Orlandi has a run out with Blackpool

Andrea Orlandi

Andrea Orlandi

First published in Sport

Former Albion midfielder Andrea Orlandi enjoyed a first run out for Blackpool in their 1-0 friendly defeat to Burnley on Saturday.

Orlandi, released by the Seagulls this summer, impressed on the ball but looked short of fitness.

His former colleague David Lopez has also been in contact with the Tangerines but is considering other options.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:21am Mon 4 Aug 14

MHubbs says...

And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?
And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition? MHubbs
  • Score: -7

6:28am Mon 4 Aug 14

Albion In Staffs says...

MHubbs wrote:
And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?
I don't think he's actually signed for them yet and he played on a Saturday as a trialist, but I take your point and totally agree.
[quote][p][bold]MHubbs[/bold] wrote: And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?[/p][/quote]I don't think he's actually signed for them yet and he played on a Saturday as a trialist, but I take your point and totally agree. Albion In Staffs
  • Score: -6

6:55am Mon 4 Aug 14

Far gull says...

Get both posts. My problem is neither Ordlandi or Spanish Dave got us promoted or T K for that matter so actually are were they good enough ...to a point yes . Depends what you want if you are TB ..think he wants promotion.
Get both posts. My problem is neither Ordlandi or Spanish Dave got us promoted or T K for that matter so actually are were they good enough ...to a point yes . Depends what you want if you are TB ..think he wants promotion. Far gull
  • Score: 3

7:03am Mon 4 Aug 14

Albion fan in London says...

Did he go missing in the game too?
Did he go missing in the game too? Albion fan in London
  • Score: 1

7:49am Mon 4 Aug 14

Albion In Staffs says...

Far gull wrote:
Get both posts. My problem is neither Ordlandi or Spanish Dave got us promoted or T K for that matter so actually are were they good enough ...to a point yes . Depends what you want if you are TB ..think he wants promotion.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I was agreeing with the non-story claim from MrHubbs not the fact Orlandi was our best player!
And equally I agree with you that moving forward probably wouldn't/shouldn't have included AO or DL. Whether the replacements move us closer, remains to be seen!
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: Get both posts. My problem is neither Ordlandi or Spanish Dave got us promoted or T K for that matter so actually are were they good enough ...to a point yes . Depends what you want if you are TB ..think he wants promotion.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I was agreeing with the non-story claim from MrHubbs not the fact Orlandi was our best player! And equally I agree with you that moving forward probably wouldn't/shouldn't have included AO or DL. Whether the replacements move us closer, remains to be seen! Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 1

8:13am Mon 4 Aug 14

Kit Napier's Beard says...

MHubbs wrote:
And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?
Great post,
[quote][p][bold]MHubbs[/bold] wrote: And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?[/p][/quote]Great post, Kit Napier's Beard
  • Score: -16

8:41am Mon 4 Aug 14

Albion fan in London says...

Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
MHubbs wrote:
And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?
Great post,
Out best player?
[quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MHubbs[/bold] wrote: And this has what to do with Brighton pray tell??? Or is it the Argus intention to rub our nose in the fact that we allowed our best player to go to the opposition?[/p][/quote]Great post,[/p][/quote]Out best player? Albion fan in London
  • Score: -2

8:54am Mon 4 Aug 14

mikeygit says...

Another ground breaking piece of ALBION news at 5am WHY oh WHY does the Argus persist in writing about players who are history as far as BHA are concerned???? Yes he was a nice bloke, but we got rid as he was not consistent and his injury problems were a problem for BHA. I guess when Ulloa starts scoring for Leicester we will get daily reports on that. Please Argus stick to OUR club BHA and OUR players not some other club!!!
Another ground breaking piece of ALBION news at 5am WHY oh WHY does the Argus persist in writing about players who are history as far as BHA are concerned???? Yes he was a nice bloke, but we got rid as he was not consistent and his injury problems were a problem for BHA. I guess when Ulloa starts scoring for Leicester we will get daily reports on that. Please Argus stick to OUR club BHA and OUR players not some other club!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 22

9:03am Mon 4 Aug 14

MHubbs says...

To clarify, our best player IMO season before last. Last year he was hampered by injury. I see his contribution much as I see that of Buckley. When fit, both are very influential. When unfit, they add nothing to our side.
To clarify, our best player IMO season before last. Last year he was hampered by injury. I see his contribution much as I see that of Buckley. When fit, both are very influential. When unfit, they add nothing to our side. MHubbs
  • Score: 7

9:18am Mon 4 Aug 14

Kit Napier's Beard says...

MHubbs wrote:
To clarify, our best player IMO season before last. Last year he was hampered by injury. I see his contribution much as I see that of Buckley. When fit, both are very influential. When unfit, they add nothing to our side.
I suggest that DB should be on the phone to AO now
[quote][p][bold]MHubbs[/bold] wrote: To clarify, our best player IMO season before last. Last year he was hampered by injury. I see his contribution much as I see that of Buckley. When fit, both are very influential. When unfit, they add nothing to our side.[/p][/quote]I suggest that DB should be on the phone to AO now Kit Napier's Beard
  • Score: -1

9:41am Mon 4 Aug 14

jarmonesque says...

He'll be injured next week. Don't understand the orlandi man-crushes on here.
He'll be injured next week. Don't understand the orlandi man-crushes on here. jarmonesque
  • Score: -7

10:16am Mon 4 Aug 14

LTU267 says...

I would welcome him back, far more influential than Spanish Dave and is able to pick a pass. At this late stage and so close to the start of the season he would give solidarity to the squad as he knows how we play and the team.
I would welcome him back, far more influential than Spanish Dave and is able to pick a pass. At this late stage and so close to the start of the season he would give solidarity to the squad as he knows how we play and the team. LTU267
  • Score: 11

11:05am Mon 4 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.
Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -4

11:22am Mon 4 Aug 14

Kit Napier's Beard says...

LTU267 wrote:
I would welcome him back, far more influential than Spanish Dave and is able to pick a pass. At this late stage and so close to the start of the season he would give solidarity to the squad as he knows how we play and the team.
Agree, good squad player, sign him up - this contract would be cheaper than his last one
[quote][p][bold]LTU267[/bold] wrote: I would welcome him back, far more influential than Spanish Dave and is able to pick a pass. At this late stage and so close to the start of the season he would give solidarity to the squad as he knows how we play and the team.[/p][/quote]Agree, good squad player, sign him up - this contract would be cheaper than his last one Kit Napier's Beard
  • Score: 7

11:35am Mon 4 Aug 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.
Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker?

Idiot.
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.[/p][/quote]Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker? Idiot. Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 6

11:54am Mon 4 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.
Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker?

Idiot.
Nope didn't say he was a bad player, he's not a good premier league player imo but an ok championship player so therefore good enough for us. Think you're reading between the lines a little too much, don't worry its easy to get muddled up.
[quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.[/p][/quote]Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker? Idiot.[/p][/quote]Nope didn't say he was a bad player, he's not a good premier league player imo but an ok championship player so therefore good enough for us. Think you're reading between the lines a little too much, don't worry its easy to get muddled up. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.
Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker?

Idiot.
Nope didn't say he was a bad player, he's not a good premier league player imo but an ok championship player so therefore good enough for us. Think you're reading between the lines a little too much, don't worry its easy to get muddled up.
7:51am Mon 4 Aug 14
Mayfield sweeper says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
An ok championship player, but nothing more than that. Disappointing because we aren't being linked with the sort of players to catapult us to the next level. The players we should be signing have long since been snapped up, now all we've got are the mid table players which the likes of us and Middlesbrough are left to squabble over. The fact that Forest, Fulham, Norwich, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Brentford aren't interested in Clayton speaks volumes.
To my knowledge, WBA, Aston Villa or Newcastle weren't interested in Ulloa. Does that make him a bad player?

It does actually, if Ulloa was such a good player then there would have been many established premier clubs after him. Instead it was just Leicester and perhaps a little naive having only just got promotion. We did well to get 8 million, but now that money needs spending on far better players than Clayton.


So who's confused? Like I said - idiot!
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Well I'd like to be kept informed of how our ex players are doing in case there's a chance of bringing them back in. An article about how Bridcutts pre season is going at Sunderland would be nice, if it doesn't work out for him there he could come back even on loan perhaps. Same goes for Ulloa.[/p][/quote]Is that the same Ulloa as the one you say on today's other thread is a "bad player"? Or maybe his twin brother who's a cracking good striker? Idiot.[/p][/quote]Nope didn't say he was a bad player, he's not a good premier league player imo but an ok championship player so therefore good enough for us. Think you're reading between the lines a little too much, don't worry its easy to get muddled up.[/p][/quote]7:51am Mon 4 Aug 14 Mayfield sweeper says... Albion In Staffs wrote: Mayfield sweeper wrote: An ok championship player, but nothing more than that. Disappointing because we aren't being linked with the sort of players to catapult us to the next level. The players we should be signing have long since been snapped up, now all we've got are the mid table players which the likes of us and Middlesbrough are left to squabble over. The fact that Forest, Fulham, Norwich, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Brentford aren't interested in Clayton speaks volumes. To my knowledge, WBA, Aston Villa or Newcastle weren't interested in Ulloa. Does that make him a bad player? It does actually, if Ulloa was such a good player then there would have been many established premier clubs after him. Instead it was just Leicester and perhaps a little naive having only just got promotion. We did well to get 8 million, but now that money needs spending on far better players than Clayton. So who's confused? Like I said - idiot! Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Mon 4 Aug 14

amexarena says...

Orlandi impressed on the ball but looked short on fitness...... think I could have written that without any knowledge of anything. Still a player who could produce moments of true creative quality - an area in which we are currently highly deficient.
Orlandi impressed on the ball but looked short on fitness...... think I could have written that without any knowledge of anything. Still a player who could produce moments of true creative quality - an area in which we are currently highly deficient. amexarena
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree