Eastbourne have started the process of replacing their top scorer.
But crocked Lewis Blackbird has offered hope that he could return this season.
Blackbird suffered a broken leg and ankle in a smash in Denmark on Wednesday.
His absence is a big blow to Eagles’ Elite League play-off hopes as they prepare for key home clashes over the next week.
But they have moved quickly to bring in Adam Ellis of Lakeside to face Swindon at Arlington on Monday.
Kyle Newman of Poole has been booked to ride at reserve when Coventry visit a week today.
Blackbird has suggested to Eastbourne that he could be back in action in two months.
Eagles boss Trevor Geer said: “Of course it is a blow for us but our thoughts are very much with Lewis and his recovery.
"We now have a very busy month and it is up to the rest of the team to rise to the occasion and propel us to the play-offs.”
Eastbourne No.1 Bjarne Pedersen finished third in the final of the Danish Championship for individual riders last night.
GP and World Cup star Niels Kristian Iversen continued his fabulous season by taking top spot.
Peter Kildemand, who visits Arlington with Swindon on Monday,came second Swindon’s visit is NOT being televised.
- Midfield star says Albion will not be fazed by facing Newcastle
- Albion boss issues Rafa warning
- Albion's record signing Duffy vows to learn from his own goals torment
- Albion nostalgia: Why ref Trelford would have loved that cup replay to have been televised live
- Sidwell warns Newcastle they will have to dig deep in Championship