Chris O’Grady has called for cool heads after Albion got off to a losing start at the Amex.
The former Sheffield Wednesday striker went close to scoring against his old club as the Seagulls went down 1-0.
He admitted to disappointment at defeat on his debut but urged fans not to get too downhearted.
O’Grady admitted: “We were disappointed in the changing room afterwards but we know there is plenty of time to go.
“It’s no point being too down about it.
“We could have won our first game and we wouldn’t have got too high about that either.”
Albion return to action on Tuesday with a home Capital One Cup tie against Cheltenham.
O’Grady added: “I think it’s good we have got another game in a couple of days’ time.
“We want to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.
“It will be nice to get a win and get a few goals.
“We are still building.”
- Calderon wants revenge against Rams
- Albion under-21s in Rovers stalemate
- Minor doubt about Macca for Derby clash
- Bent ruled out of Amex return against Albion
- Albion's Stephens has sights set on starting role