Chris O’Grady admits he thought he had scored against his old club.
But he is confident Albion can bounce back from the opening day defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
The debut-making striker was denied by Kieren Westwood’s save as the Seagulls sought to avert a 1-0 reverse on Saturday.
O’Grady, who hopes to play against Cheltenham tomorrow, said: “I thought I had scored.
“It happened very quickly. I thought I did all the right things and put it in the corner but his top hand got to it and tipped it around the post.
“I was gutted. That was our chance to get back into it.
“But the result wasn’t a reflection of how we played.”
- Albion strikers must start finding the net
- Henderson backed to become a key player for Crawley
- Ex-Albion No.1 linked with German giants
- Hyypia tells Albion to stop giving rivals a goal head start
- Stick with us urges Albion's Gardner