Chris O’Grady admits he thought he had scored against his old club.
But he is confident Albion can bounce back from the opening day defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
The debut-making striker was denied by Kieren Westwood’s save as the Seagulls sought to avert a 1-0 reverse on Saturday.
O’Grady, who hopes to play against Cheltenham tomorrow, said: “I thought I had scored.
“It happened very quickly. I thought I did all the right things and put it in the corner but his top hand got to it and tipped it around the post.
“I was gutted. That was our chance to get back into it.
“But the result wasn’t a reflection of how we played.”
- Duffy jets to the USA for comeback - after 'minor car crash'
- Why 'the Trevor Brooking of Scotland' does not expect many Tartan stars to cross Albion's path next term
- Albion have reason for hope in race for Abraham
- Eubank wins in style on professional debut
- No-brainer for Kewell as he talks about his ambition for Crawley