Chris O’Grady admits he thought he had scored against his old club.
But he is confident Albion can bounce back from the opening day defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
The debut-making striker was denied by Kieren Westwood’s save as the Seagulls sought to avert a 1-0 reverse on Saturday.
O’Grady, who hopes to play against Cheltenham tomorrow, said: “I thought I had scored.
“It happened very quickly. I thought I did all the right things and put it in the corner but his top hand got to it and tipped it around the post.
“I was gutted. That was our chance to get back into it.
“But the result wasn’t a reflection of how we played.”
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton
- Hyypia hails keeper Walton as he earns his spurs on cup debut
- Rusk happy to see his Albion teens face new challenge