Rangers boss Ally McCoist today confirmed his club have had no contact from Albion for his star player.
The Seagulls have been linked with highly-rated Lee Wallace, an athletic and attack-minded left-back.
The Argus reported today that Rangers were unaware of any interest from Albion.
Now McCoist has spoken out in a bid to pour cold water over talk of a move for his prized asset.
Speaking via Rangers' official website, McCoist said: “Lee is a very important player to us.
“We’ve had absolutely no contact from Brighton and Hove Albion at all and no, I don’t expect him to go.
“I’d be hopeful as manager of the club that we can keep our best players and Lee certainly falls into that category.”
- Greer admits he wouldn't have blamed fans for booing Albion
- Hockey: East Grinstead women win promotion to premier division
- Worcestershire fight back after Machan's fireworks
- Machan cuts loose on opening morning at Hove
- Mason relishes battle to be top man for Eagles